New A2 map

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Re: New A2 map

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I'll have to agree with Kih Bu too. While the new additions to the map are interesting, I don't think they're very good for our rp. I'm more interested in waiting for Sai's next map. I've seen some of it, it's way more amazing, trust me. :wink:

Species: Ryn

Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

You have, Nastajja?! Lucky!

Also, I agree with Kih as well but I do like hearing about new maps, and these changes were interesting. Though, now, I'm much more excited for Sai's map.

Promo pics? :wink:
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I can understand your major concern about the lava and I'm not gonna bother suggesting lock the rooms for the safety of others, the creator is still taking suggestions so maybe he could do a version without the lava and perhaps make it water instead, the fact he changed the medbay into a huge lava room was a bit of a downer since there isn't a medbay in it now.
Kantha Maitri
Lost One

Post by Kantha Maitri »

The map seems to have a lot of areas that seem, excessive and empty with little essential rp essence in the newer add ins to it. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to just continue to use the old edition in simulations and what not, This new map doesn't seem to have anything vital that couldn't be found in its predecessor.

Though I'm really interested in this map of Sai's I think. It sounds like its going to be a real hit

Kantha Maitri |Home:Alpheridies|Species:Miraluka|Age:22
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

This is just a beta.
Ganseki wrote:in final version i wanna make ,
-special labirinth with moveable walls , traps etc.
for some kind of Jedi Physical and Mind test..
behind this locked door

- medical quarter

- normal meditation room

- i wanna total remake arena. i'll keep cages with rancor and wampas but
i think aboyt deleting lava and openable floor

instead make simple but very nice looking arena and plilars..

... this statue in the hall also i want replace.. with nice looking fountain or smth.

- skywalker room , i'll make this place kanonical.. and realistic..

this big windows are "surrealistic" ^^ so i'll delete them and walls make like in real yavin iv academy.

npc room .. i'll make completly different , more npcs and more eye pleasing looking.

in the garden i'll add more trees..

i'm also thinking about woods in the rear of the academy.. a lot of tall big trees
much more nature..
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Untill I see something more suitable for Rping standards, I vote for Alzoc III enclave or Master Sai Akiada's next work of art. This is purely my own opinion and No one elses, I welcome more than anything, any skepticism for this map, again is well done and this community I feel, deserves only the best.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

This was just a future sim map suggestion, since I doubt anyone would wanna move back permanently to a map like a2 for a good while yet. It could be useful for events and such though.
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

(Honestly I always liked the map we had a2_beta. That we used on temple)

My opinions on this map. :: Shrugs briefly and glances at other posts ::
Most have been said.

Nice features. Nice additions (It obviously has more than what ours had)
But.. not good for roleplay. Least not as a 'Jedi temple'

I didnt download it. I just looked at the screenshots. But as a Jedi temple, (that's the focus of it right?) It's not worth it. Lava pits? Dark environment? It mostly looks like a.. I don't know, Mercenary compound of some sorts?

Either way!

Aria, we all know Alzoc3_enclave is 'not' finished. Sure it lacks open space.
It feels like a box at times.. But it's a map, and it's our enclave currently. (Also this is only 'my own personal opinion')-> It's still better than using a random map from the jk3files as our main enclave. (Besides, it is done by one of our members. For the community. So.. Kudos to that)

Anyhow! Yea, right now, I'm just looking forward to the new map. And Sai, again. :: Amazing thumbs up to you ::

-- But either way, liking alzoc3_enclave or not. liking the 'New A2 Map' or not. It doesn't really matter. Every map makes use for RP. Be it a simulation map of some sorts or an outing map.

It has its uses. that's what's it meant to do.
People will always argue about maps. Will always argue about features. But.. as long as we have diversity in what we can choose. I don't see a problem.

So. that's just my two cents.

-Eugen over and out.
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I, myself, prefer the old a2 version we used to this new one. Sure, it has a lot of new features, but for my personal taste they often lack of coherence with the context (lava; huge waterfall---but where does the water come from?; long empty corridors; seats in the training room are too fancy and hard to sit for a temple; statue with a fire-sword in the main square; etc. etc.).

Overall, I would rather switch to the old version than the current new one, but fortunately there's something better to wait for.

You can't choose what is right

Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Olim Adasca wrote:According to internal sources, namely, Sai, which kindly describes some features, there'll be summer, winter, day, and night versions, describing a temperate climate for our new enclave. No more extremes.
Thank you. :mrgreen:

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

The way I heard as well was that Ganseki (The editor/maker of this map) took influence from a video Sehkola (Sai) released to demonstrate his own edit of A2_beta.
Heard he asked Sai for permission to use some ideas hence his comment:
Ganseki wrote:my favorite is "alzoc3_enclave" by Sehkola .. he's faboluous! i want my map to be so
realistic and vell done.
As for the map itself, I'd rather not.

1) Canonically the Temple was destroyed and its ruins are now occupied by Mandalorians.
2) As Kih Bu said, Lava doesn't belong in a Temple Map.
3) Don't know about anyone else but I am so done with Yavin and Massassi buildings! If you think Alzoc is too isolated with little to do then you haven't seen Yavin yet! :P

I'd rather wait for Sai's new map!

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

Amoné Fayden wrote:I'd rather wait for Sai's new map!
This says it all. I have seen quite a few screenshots of the map that is in creation by Sai and it looks amazing. Something that is definitely worth waiting for.
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Yes the maker of this edit of A2 came to me asking for my version of A2_beta4 but it was incomeplete. When I wouldn't give him my .map, he instead asked if he could replicate what I'd made and I had no issue with that. He's done well, and more :)

As for JEDI.. and Enclave/Temple maps. I plan to open up a dedicated thread for the new map but was waiting until it was closer to completion.

But, here's a few early quick snaps so far. These aren't final and some textures will change here or there, but just to give you a small taste of what is in development:

And yes, there will 100% be a day/night variation. I want to do seasonal edits but this is an after thought. I'm just consentrating on completing the map, then I'll consider what further variations will follow.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Herenai
Lost One

Post by Herenai »

I've watched this video a long time ago, too bad it wasn't completed, I have to admit I miss Yavin a bit, but Alzoc III Is okay from my point of view, just need a few more things to be great !
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

When I saw that new A2 map and the lava here, I kinda facepalmed...seems just bad.

On the other side, I've seen glimpses of map Sai is making long before these and it's just gonna be awesome. I'm sure the final map will be even more epic and fitting for our roleplaying. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.