Kicking

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

And my character personally wouldn't like getting smacked in the face every single time he spars, he might go biting hands off.
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

aw but you know smacking rash is the main reason for it! my thoughts are that a backhanded fist is a little more convenient than a kick in combat and might be a little more common..
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Lint wrote:They should make the saberthrowing like Moviebattles, where it goes vertically and never hurts people very much. That way, it won't be overused and it is easily blocked. Makes it barely used, and therefore feasible as a seperate force power. :D
Then how would the people who can't spar win?
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Kenta wrote:I say instead of a kick, make it a backhand like in MB2...or a kick will do, the only times i've seen a kick done with a single lightsaber is when that lightsaber is set to use the staff style.
You've never played JASP have you? JASP all of the NPCs kick. Plus the slap in my opinion is too fast. Maybe make the kick do the same effect as the slap (With knockdown and everything), but knock them back a bit farther, which would balance with the slowness.

Switching weapons is cumbersome and clumsy, and it's nowhere near as fast as a regular kick, plus it doesn't look very good in a saber fight if you holster your saber then kick.

It would greatly improve 1v2 etc. if that happens, because you can do that cool move where you jump up and flip-kick off of the people behind and in front of you. In Ep1 Maul survived two Jedi mostly by kicking one away to deal with them 1v1, and why should that be restricted to only staff users?
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Let me remind you that 90 precent of roleplay happens at the Temple where it is only Jedi, kicking someone and slapping them to the point of knockdown I think personally would be very disrespectful. Flip kicks alone are considered a last resort in a spar.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I'm with Lint. Being able to kick while holding a saber would be awesome. The fact that Jedi does incooperate melee elements tos aber combat is beyond question. Lint stated a perfect example himself. If you watch EP1 further you will see Obi-Wan applying kicks while wielding his saber to disable battle droids.

Adding melee elements into saber combat makes perfect sense. The obvious problem here would be abuse. I dont consider it a valid argument. If people have access to a saber on JEDI it means they are initiated or otherwise trusted guests. People given this kind of trust can be counted on to not abuse the system. If we go by the argument of possible abuse we might as well shut down the server. If abuse is a major problem perhaps it's time to revision who is to be entrusted with accounts instead of hindering game development ?
Let me remind you that 90 precent of roleplay happens at the Temple where it is only Jedi, kicking someone and slapping them to the point of knockdown I think personally would be very disrespectful. Flip kicks alone are considered a last resort in a spar.
Unless things have radically changed people still melee spar. And unless im hallucinating people still spar regulary with sabers. I don't see the big difference in a kick to the gut opposed to a good smack over the wrists with a training saber. Jedi train to be better prepared for a real situation. In said situations a Jedi would aim to be as swift and merciful as possible. Again.. Disabeling someone with a kick rather than chopping their hand of seems the better option, no ? Besides, implementing kick or a bunch (anything with a knockdown) wouldn't be that great. A kick atleast can easily miss and it leaves you open for attack. I think it will add a nice element to combat while it adds to Roleplay realism. And if it's too powerful it can be balanced out with making the recovery time after kicking longer, etc.

It all boil down to personal preferences. If Rash doesn't like people kicking him in a spar then he will make stipulations for his spars. If I use kick over and over and over in obvious abuse I would lose the ability. I don't see the problem.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Dixo wrote:It all boil down to personal preferences. If Rash doesn't like people kicking him in a spar then he will make stipulations for his spars. If I use kick over and over and over in obvious abuse I would lose the ability. I don't see the problem.
This is a very good point, and was my thought upon reading much of this. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with implementing melee moves with single (or dual) saber combat. It's evident throughout the movies, the example that came to my mind being the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin in Episode 3, and I'm pretty sure Luke gets kicked down some stairs in either Ep5 or Ep6 (yes, I don't have the movies memorized).

However, I will say that I would hate to have the gameplay changed. If it could be an added move to bind to a key, that's fine. But I am 100% against it replacing anything. I also view it as unneeded, and really just something "frilly", and as such I don't really care one way or the other.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

However, I will say that I would hate to have the gameplay changed. If it could be an added move to bind to a key, that's fine. But I am 100% against it replacing anything.
I too would like to see it as a new bind/move, not something over-writing saber throw/secondary attack.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:However, I will say that I would hate to have the gameplay changed. If it could be an added move to bind to a key, that's fine. But I am 100% against it replacing anything. I also view it as unneeded, and really just something "frilly"
I am in 100% agreement

Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Vantus wrote:
Gabe Alkorda wrote:However, I will say that I would hate to have the gameplay changed. If it could be an added move to bind to a key, that's fine. But I am 100% against it replacing anything. I also view it as unneeded, and really just something "frilly"
I am in 100% agreement
Sounds great, /agree
Shimi
Lost One

Post by Shimi »

I support this...
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I also support this 100%! :P
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Koa'da Torik

Post by Koa'da Torik »

This could, theoretically, be done on a personalized level. If you want to kick, just add a line to the .sab file. If you want to keep saber throw, don't add that line. I myself hate throw with a passion, so I would add that line. I know others who would rather be able to throw, so they wouldn't add the line. Now I have to look up exactly what line it is.

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

Im in. 8)
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi
Aldor Arkanous
Lost One

Post by Aldor Arkanous »

The last thing i would want to see is this mod turn into a slap fest (ex. mb2 sabering)
Initiated: 267.20 ABY| RP Age: 13| Species: Nautolan| Mentor: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve