Protect Aura

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

*edit* Actually, no. I am going to argue this.
Corinth Alkorda wrote:How would a Jedi be able to sense shield battery levels through the Force?
From what I've been told, the way we RP the shields is being in a pack on our belt or something. Never fully understood. And, as Jedi can sense most Life, the Shields are alive, right? So it'd be possible.
RP Age: 14
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Aslyn wrote:
Yrael Grekkis wrote:When it comes to Force sense, could it be implemented to somehow show the targets Shields when the power Sense is turned on?
That's a really bad idea...
Let's try and be constructive rather than just telling someone their idea sucks, hm?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, Yrael... I think it'd be bad to have a little bar above someone's head showing shield levels, but it'd perhaps be neat to show the shielding aura around them when you use sense. Since it's all electrical currents, and therefore energy, I'd say it's perfectly logical that you could sense it through the Force.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Not entirely saying a bad above their head. Just, somehow showing that their shield levels have been depleted. I got this idea from watching some of our Hopefuls duke it out, and I was bummed because I couldn't see when their shields were gone so I could call the fight, since Hopefuls tend to use every bit of that shields/hp they have.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:Let's try and be constructive rather than just telling someone their idea sucks, hm?
In my humble opinion sensing the shield aura would probably be "cool", but maybe just a bit unrealistic as Jedi sense most things through life. However, I don't rule out the possibility of a Jedi being able to do it altogether.

Sensing actual health could be a different story: Link
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

True.
Last edited by Yrael Grekkis on Fri May 15, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Yrael Grekkis wrote:Not entirely saying a bad above their head. Just, somehow showing that their shield levels have been depleted. I got this idea from watching some of our Hopefuls duke it out, and I was bummed because I couldn't see when their shields were gone so I could call the fight, since Hopefuls tend to use every bit of that shields/hp they have.
We already do that: the shield flashes if it still exists on contact, and doesn't if it's depleted.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Not a 100% failsafe plan, Aslyn. At times there is still difficulty in detecting the Shields are depleted or not.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

True, but that's as it should be. Sparring isn't a game of mathematics - and, as Cyril noted to me earlier, the best fighters can measure your health levels without seeing it indicated on the screen. Moreover, you have to remember, HP/Shield is a game mechanic only. It's not something you'd measure in real life, and the Jedi would have no skill which would indicate that to them.

Really, I think the only appropriate mechanism for this would be the past suggestions for Sense 5 - show HP on all targets while active. But beyond that, we really have no need for it. And even that is pretty unnecessary.