Remote

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Simus Cnydaria wrote:The only real comment I'd have is having the remote circling us forces us to keep our focus on it, which I think is good practice since our foes aren't exactly always going to be hovering in front of us. Just throwing that out there :)
Eh...I dunno. It becomes 100% predictable.

Anyway, I support this idea. As I remember it, the training grounds level in JKA has remotes that are moving freely around you in the area. Perhaps they're scripted - I don't know. That might be something to look at, though.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Simus Cnydaria wrote: Great ideas Nivek. The only real comment I'd have is having the remote circling us forces us to keep our focus on it, which I think is good practice since our foes aren't exactly always going to be hovering in front of us. Just throwing that out there :)
From what I was getting from Nivek in his post, I don't believe it is his intention to have the Remote stationary and unmoving.
Nivek wrote: bob gently up and down, left & right etc, subtle movements
So random directions while maintaining a head-on direction would be the best result. Much like the remote Luke trains with on the Falcon. It zips around in different directions but never goes behind him.
Ours currently revolve around us like a planet around a Sun making them predictable and easy as Aslyn mentioned.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

The ones in Base JKA are just spawnables with standard NPC programming, Master Corinth. They focus on their target (i.e. YOU) and move to attack as any other NPC will.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Aslyn wrote:The ones in Base JKA are just spawnables with standard NPC programming, Master Corinth. They focus on their target (i.e. YOU) and move to attack as any other NPC will.
I tried this last night, and couldn't get the npc to focus on anyone.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Support.