Sitting

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Sasha Raven wrote:If we are going to make new animations then why not add a meditation levitation emote for the more experienced users of the force? It would be neat to walk into a chamber and see someone hovering off the ground ((Presuming they were not nine years old.)) I think it would be easy. Just add the meditation emote and raise the level of which they actually sit. call it emlevitate or something. Thoughts?
Bad idea, unless of coarse people are properly RP'd and practiced in it. From what people have told me (Jamus, Cyril) it takes a lot of training to be able to Levitate yourself in.
RP Age: 14
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I support both ideas.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

According to one of the STar Was Coruscant Night novels, a untrained Force Adept was able to meditate while floating after only a few lessons.

But...then again he was very strong in the Force.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Most certainly the exception than the rule.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Xa'o Zalei wrote: But...then again he was very strong in the Force.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Xa'o Zalei wrote: But...then again he was very strong in the Force.
Corinth Alkorda wrote:Most certainly the exception than the rule.
I'm sorry, I really don't mean to burst people's bubbles here but can you seriously believe that members of JEDI will abide by that?

Seeing as most believe their characters to be far more capable and advanced than they actually should be at their level, all that will result from this is an Academy of people believing they have the right to float around like Genies.

All i'm saying is don't introduce an effect or mechanic and only expect one or two people to use it. As soon as something "cool" appears on the menu, everyone is ordering it.

I wouldn't be so confident in the humility and modesty of others to keep this realistic.

For anyone who seriously feels the need to do this, I think Atrux said it all:
Atrux Nuro wrote:Saw Jared do it once I think. He was sitting on a gonk or w/e that he made invisible I think.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I agree with you, Vantus. But under those circumstances, maybe it would be possible to lock the emote until a person reached a particular level of skill (Hold, perhaps?) or rank (Knight +)? That would certainly stop abuse.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

During Master Feraan's Meditation class, I had the thought of ::Yrael begins to levitate off the ground:: But found it might cause problems. So, Yrael is now undergoing a long sequence of learning so he *can* do this in RP. I agree with Vantus.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Yrael Grekkis wrote:During Master Feraan's Meditation class, I had the thought of ::Yrael begins to levitate off the ground:: But found it might cause problems. So, Yrael is now undergoing a long sequence of learning so he *can* do this in RP. I agree with Vantus.
Do you really think your character can do that at this stage in his training? I honestly don't think so, but that's just me though.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

/npc spawn gran chucka player jared/i
/npc emote emlotus chucka

then, jump on the npc and /meditate.

done! haha

i agree that it shouldn't be added as a game physics thing, because it most definitely would be abused. i don't really think being able to hover a few inches off the ground is all that difficult, its the more advanced things like flying that become ridiculously hard.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Xaran Varc wrote: Do you really think your character can do that at this stage in his training? I honestly don't think so, but that's just me though.
At the time, yes. That is why I concluded that it was a *bad* idea, and why I am so *against* this particular idea. :wink:
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

It seems that I might not have been as clear as I thought that I was. Allow me to rephrase.

I think the addition of a levitating emote is a bad idea.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I think the addition of a levitating emote is a bad idea.
Says it all for me!

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Vantus wrote:
Says it all for me!
And for me.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Atrux Nuro wrote:
Vantus wrote:
Says it all for me!
And for me.
Aye aye!

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron