Kicking

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Aldor Arkanous wrote:The last thing i would want to see is this mod turn into a slap fest (ex. mb2 sabering)
Amen to that.

Just a line of code? That would be useful. I'm so happy that it's gotten to the point of mutual happiness! :D
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Why not just have a level progression for melee fighting. Higher levels get more moves (maybe even stances), speed and deal more damage. Just a thought.

Oh, and the progression could be applied to kicking with saber, If it's applied I'd guess.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »

Atrux Nuro wrote:Why not just have a level progression for melee fighting. Higher levels get more moves (maybe even stances), speed and deal more damage. Just a thought.

Oh, and the progression could be applied to kicking with saber, If it's applied I'd guess.
I've always wanted there to be a better melee upgrading system.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I've always wanted there to be a better melee upgrading system.
So have I! :lol:
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

That would be cool. But what moves would you add besides omghaxhowdidhegrapplesofast?
Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »

Look up any martial arts video on youtube and make some new animations of course.

new grapples like jumping on someones shoulder, punching them in the face and throwing them back while kicking off of them to do a backflip (okay that's not the most conventional grapple but i think it'd be funny lol)

new moves like the backhand we were discussing and new kicks and punches that vary according to what direction keys you press.

it's possible with a lightsaber so it's possible without one.

i mean, yah of course it would take a while, but this would be epic and its things like this that set servers galaxies apart from other typical JA servers.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

JA+ had more animations, like a round-house kick both ways. It's not much but it's something.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Viron Roan wrote:Look up any martial arts video on youtube and make some new animations of course.
If you can make flawless, tested combat animations ready to impliment in the next RPMod update then be my guest!

Atrux Nuro wrote:JA+ had more animations, like a round-house kick both ways. It's not much but it's something.
I think that's the issue right there.
Those animations were created for JA+ and to take those would be "theft". Permission would need to be granted. Plus I believe it's a little more complicated than dipping into a PK3 and taking a couple of files.

Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »

Vantus wrote:
Viron Roan wrote:Look up any martial arts video on youtube and make some new animations of course.
If you can make flawless, tested combat animations ready to impliment in the next RPMod update then be my guest!
:( ::sigh:: if only
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

That grapple idea gave me an awesome idea on the JA saber system. Couldn't you change the specials (Right+left click) into grapples? Like switch it to Yoda's jump move only of course settled for tall people (like jump on with the animation of releasing a forward wallgrab, then use the animation of hitting the top of a wall in a wallrun to flip forward over them. Before you jump you throw your saber, then when you flip you get it back. if you miss your saber goes flying off and you have to retrieve it).

I know too hard. Forget it. I think this thread has mostly served its purpose, wouldn't people agree?
Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »

Seems like it. There are some projects that will really only ever get done if everything else is done and perfected. Which is a long long long ways off.
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Viron Roan wrote:Seems like it. There are some projects that will really only ever get done if everything else is done and perfected. Which is a long long long ways off.
Oh even with three longs you underestimate time. Time is never on your side. EVER.

However, I would vote that the specials in JKA were taken away. They just don't seem to cover that cool fight feel when you can run in swinging your leet saber and be all unblockable and super-powered. I just don't feel like it's worth a thread.