Awaiting Gamestate

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Tra'ven
Lost One

Awaiting Gamestate

Post by Tra'ven »

Hi all,

So, for the past few days I have been getting stuck on the "Awaiting Gamestate" page when trying to connect to the server. It seems to be sporadic, as I can sometimes connect while I can't at other times. Also, I am/was getting sporadic crashes in which it would be give me the "JAMP has stopped responding..." message.

I've done a reinstall of JKA, the 1.01 patch, and RPMod, but I still seem to be getting the same issue.

Any suggestions? Could this be an IP/Firewall issue? I looked at my Windows Firewall allowances and JAMP seems to be allowed.

Thanks!
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Awaiting Gamestate

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I was getting this issue when my turtle beach headset wasn't plugged in, do you have any sound software hooked up? Have you changed anything?
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

In terms of my sound hardware? Nothing. I can't recall installing anything new.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Tra'ven wrote:In terms of my sound hardware? Nothing. I can't recall installing anything new.
I mean more have you taken anything out as my issue started the moment I took out the sound system though it might be something else for you I thought it worth mentioning.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

I've been getting this same issue lately too. Can't seem to connect to any of the JEDI servers. Other servers are fine though.

//EDIT: Galaxy works, just seems to be temple.

//EDIT2: After mass attempts at connecting and trials, I got on after the new models were removed. As awesome as they are they seem to be stopping some getting on.

Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

Evanin, not that I recall.

Arven, which models are you referring to?

// EDIT:

This is what I see when I connect. Not sure if it's relevant.

// EDIT2: I removed all non-essential JEDI/RPMod items to my base folder (Skins mainly) and it seems to be working.
Last edited by Tra'ven on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Arven Silaan wrote:

//EDIT2: After mass attempts at connecting and trials, I got on after the new models were removed. As awesome as they are they seem to be stopping some getting on.

It might be a problem with the models that were added I'm not 100% on that though I could be wrong.
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

So, I thought the issue was fixed when I removed the models from my RPMod folder, but the error is still occurring.

It seems I can connect only once out of every several attempts.

Any other ideas?

// EDIT: So even after removing all models, the error still occurs.

// EDIT2: I can connect to a base sever, just none of the JEDI servers.
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

I've been getting the exact same thing.

If you know how to get to the command prompt, run this command:

tracert 94.53.56.76

From the west coast USA it takes approx. 12 hops finally terminating in the Balkans (ks05.infra.crespel.me). I get hung up going through Texas and it doesn't clear until I hit France.

Internet speed test doesn't hit anything along the way and I've tried other IPs for other things and don't get the hang ups I do trying to get to ::JEDI:: servers.
Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

I entered the cmd and it's giving me a variety of IPs and it looks like I'm timing out on several of them.

Any suggestions?
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Running that command Mo I get serveral 'request timed out' but I have no idea what it means honestly.

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Best solution I can really offer is not be doing anything else on the internet, and be patient. That means no voice chat on Skype, watching youtube, etc. Take the time to grab yourself a snack, take a bio break, whatever you want, just don't let it be internet related.

EDIT: Also, let the connection be fresh, if you access the internet with the problem, restart the game completely.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:Best solution I can really offer is not be doing anything else on the internet, and be patient. That means no voice chat on Skype, watching youtube, etc. Take the time to grab yourself a snack, take a bio break, whatever you want, just don't let it be internet related.

EDIT: Also, let the connection be fresh, if you access the internet with the problem, restart the game completely.
I saw a suggestion like this earlier. May I ask why this is? Is there an actual reason or...?
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Tra'ven wrote:
Virtuo Alegan wrote:Best solution I can really offer is not be doing anything else on the internet, and be patient. That means no voice chat on Skype, watching youtube, etc. Take the time to grab yourself a snack, take a bio break, whatever you want, just don't let it be internet related.

I saw a suggestion like this earlier. May I ask why this is? Is there an actual reason or...?
It's mainly a problem with the server, someone will need to try and diagnose the problem and fix it. In the mean time, the connection on your end needs to be as strong as possible, even the smallest amount can make all the difference.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Actually, I had this problem "Awaiting Gamestate" but not the crash.
I had to wait 15 minutes, in order to join.
I found out it was a connection problem, because if I tried using another connection (not mine) there wasn't this problem.
Perhaps, your connection has just a block or something like that, ask to your internet provider.
I had many crash due to a block in the connection and I don't have anymore this "Awaiting Gamestate"
Had to listen a damned music for 15 minutes, but it was worth it.