Force Power Icons (Mod/z_icon_mod.pk3)

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Force Power Icons (Mod/z_icon_mod.pk3)

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Hi all,

I've decided to invest some of my time into redoing the Force power icons. The base system was quite strong in securing the black and white morality that these are dark side powers, you can't learn them 'cause you'll be Sith Lord; Empire sympathizer kill kill kill etc. So in an attempt to encourage the existence of the 'three fields of Force abilities', I decided to do a quick fix on the color coding system of the icons. The three colors used are green, yellow and blue. Green icons are representative of 'Alter' abilities, the single yellow icon is representative of the 'Sensory' abilities, and the final color, the blue icons are representative of 'Control' techniques.

Below is a simple .pk3 which to install, requires you placing it in your RPMod folder. Simple. If there are other mods installed which alter icons, there may be a clash and it will not work properly.

z_icon_mod.zip
Includes pk3: 'z_icon_mod'.
(426.89 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Image[/center]
(Small thanks to Arven and Tergos for consultation)

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Isane Fenris
Lost One

Re: Force Power Icons (Mod/z_icon_mod.pk3)

Post by Isane Fenris »

Good job, Silas!
Will be staying in my Rpmod folder for a good long while.
Have you ever considered changing the icons altogether, though? Having different shapes? Or is that leik le impossible?

Image|age_52|height_1.65|species_dathomirian|mentor_motoko.isawa/aslyn.denethorn/simus.cnydaria|padawan_trin.oniron/vania.starr|

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

I could create new icons but with my obligations at uni, I couldn't dedicate the hours required to do so. Maybe when I go on holidays again I'll do it again, just so all the icons are balanced and consistent.

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Love it. Hated seeing the red icons for powers

Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Post by Coren Ran »

Next mod that needs to be made (in general): Reordering the powers so they fit under the Alter, Control, and Sense categories.
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

And I'd also like for them to be named different to their actual names. For example sense = prima vitae, heal = curato salva, protect/absorb = tutaminis.