Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Discussion

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Discussion

Post by Jerex Sol »

Evanin wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:I just hope they don't get TOO creative it becomes rather silly.
^ This ^
True. Limits would be nice.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

Sebastin Creed wrote:It's basically a Broadsword with a Lightsaber blade and hand guard, though it was mentioned before. Given what is seen in Rebels, it's the way Star Wars is going - creative types of Lightsabers.

I just hope they don't get TOO creative it becomes rather silly.
Both of your posts sum up my opinion on it Seb. I wholeheartedly agree with the football over soccer comment as well ;)

That brief shot with the Revan like figure and 'broadsword' hilt reminded me very much of Game of Thrones. Maybe that was intentional to some degree considering how successful the series has been? Probably not, but interesting nonetheless.

I was hoping they would keep Revan where he is in the Star Wars timeline, legends or not. The characters personality will most likely be completely different though (one can hope!). I feel that the idea of that character has been squeezed dry through the comics, games and books.

Still! More to come there is.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

In terms of the Lightsaber; I think JJ went with the literally idea of what Lucas originally had in mind for the 'lightsword'... the Jedi were originally based on the medieval Knights and the Samurai of Feudal Japan, guess he's just working with original concepts and ideas.

I do hope to see the other two antagonists they have planned, I know it was said there were going to be three baddies that will be trying to protect the legacy of the Sith and their return.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Keth Flynn wrote:EDIT: Just saw that today, it's not very new apparently http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Saburine Eldahna
Lost One

Post by Saburine Eldahna »

Maia Rimora wrote: I do hope to see the other two antagonists they have planned, I know it was said there were going to be three baddies that will be trying to protect the legacy of the Sith and their return.
Spoilers :shock: :o
"Lying is an attempt to connect our wishes&our fantasies about who we wish we were with what we're really like."

"There's zero correlation between being the best talker in the room&having the best ideas."

U won't find my experiences&life stories on the holonet.
"Biases are the stories we make up about people before we know who they actually are."
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Literally 88 seconds with some few second clips. Hard to judge based on it at all, really. We should all wait until a more concrete trailer (or the movie itself comes out) to make any positive or negative judgments.

That being said, I cried cuz Star Wars :')
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Saburine Eldahna wrote:
Maia Rimora wrote: I do hope to see the other two antagonists they have planned, I know it was said there were going to be three baddies that will be trying to protect the legacy of the Sith and their return.
Spoilers :shock: :o

Oh right, my bad haha, I thought it was common knowledge due to how many media outlets have posted about it :) We need a toggle spoiler code
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Delmi wrote:Literally 88 seconds with some few second clips. Hard to judge based on it at all, really. We should all wait until a more concrete trailer (or the movie itself comes out) to make any positive or negative judgments.

That being said, I cried cuz Star Wars :')
This actually. Very little of the movie's plotline was revealed short of Mace and Lando are no longer the only two dark-skinned individuals in the SW universe. All in all, all I can say for sure about this is that their CGI effects are top notch.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

I'm on the fence. Going to have to see a bigger trailer, not just a teaser; which this feels like.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Jerex Sol wrote:The lightsaber shape is brilliant. The rolling ball droid is adorable.
I gotta agree man I loved this trailer, loved the saber if you think about it, it kinda makes sense going up against someone with a cross guard lightsaber like that has to be difficult seeing you can't slash their wrist off. Overall I loved it, can't wait till the full trailer releases and obviously the movie! :mrgreen: :lol:
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Dev Kai
Lost One

Post by Dev Kai »

Silas Vir'n wrote:I'm on the fence. Going to have to see a bigger trailer, not just a teaser; which this feels like.
Exactly.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

If it had one of the original cast in then sure it'd be more interesting (Other than Chewie) in my opinion.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I read a post on Facebook that suggested that the two guard bars on that lightsaber are actually a result of shoddy construction work: essentially, the crystal and power supply is so inefficient, it needs some form of heat dissipation mechanism, and that's it.
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Aslyn wrote:I read a post on Facebook that suggested that the two guard bars on that lightsaber are actually a result of shoddy construction work: essentially, the crystal and power supply is so inefficient, it needs some form of heat dissipation mechanism, and that's it.
..I like it.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Tweek Etimau
Lost One

Post by Tweek Etimau »

Silas Vir'n wrote:
Aslyn wrote:I read a post on Facebook that suggested that the two guard bars on that lightsaber are actually a result of shoddy construction work: essentially, the crystal and power supply is so inefficient, it needs some form of heat dissipation mechanism, and that's it.
..I like it.
We used to do Star wars Rp (pen and paper) acording to one of the rule books, its an old republic form. This could also explian the elledged "Revan".
Average times online. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 21:00-02:00. Sunday and Monday all day. GST