Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Discussion

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Discussion

Post by Jago Mirax »

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Teaser Trailer

It is finally here. Safe to say I am teased!

What are your thoughts on the trailer? I'm not exactly thrilled that the leaked concept art of the antagonist does wield the Lightsaber shown in the picture, and this trailer. However, it may grow on me.

Antagonist Concept Art

Other than that;

Hurry up December 2015.
Last edited by Jago Mirax on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post by Maia Rimora »

To Abrams and those involved with some of those hilarious stupid design choices:

Sadly, the lightsaber looks too whacky for my liking, the weird droid at the start, the horrible block of a speeder. This is not the Star Wars I want to remember. The X-Wings and Falcon looked pretty good though, and oh, the antagonist looks like Revan.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

I dont want to be too critical considering we don't actually get more than about thirty seconds of shots. I definitely got a good feeling from it though.

I was hoping that concept art was fake (it sure looks it!) when it popped up about one or two month(s) ago.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Jago Mirax wrote:I dont want to be too critical considering we don't actually get more than about thirty seconds of shots. I definitely got a good feeling from it though.

I was hoping that concept art was fake (it sure looks it!) when it popped up about one or two month(s) ago.
Well! I personally do not like the work of Abrams, I feel he tries to make it too much his own as opposed to sticking what fans know, love and respect, first being that weird lightsaber - but it seems given that rebels features a whacky lightsaber, this is the future of star wars. Though, to be honest, I thought the trailer reminded me of the many fan film trailers people have made, but you are right, we've only seen less than thirty seconds of actual shots. I don't have a good feeling for this movie, hopefully I won't be disappointed when this comes out in a years time.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Maia Rimora wrote: Sadly, the lightsaber looks too whacky for my liking.
So true, I didn't like that lightsaber.

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I'm just hoping they don't f*** it up.

I don't know if this is the normal lightsaber for this universe but there's gotta be different ones. Yeah, the villain's design is weak but other than that, I find it pretty cool.

Also, John Boyega at the beginning, I just couldn't help myself but laugh. I mean, this shot... :lol:

Please Abrams. I trust in you!

EDIT: Just saw that today, it's not very new apparently http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber
Last edited by Keth Flynn on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Tweek Etimau
Lost One

Post by Tweek Etimau »

Nico Keztor wrote:
Maia Rimora wrote: Sadly, the lightsaber looks too whacky for my liking.
So true, I didn't like that lightsaber.

Like wise.

The ball droid reminded me of Wallie. The speeder, well, will depend on location context. Troopers are cool. The film style was A LOT like his Star Trek movies, so :| . But mostly comes down to plot for me.
Average times online. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 21:00-02:00. Sunday and Monday all day. GST
Saburine Eldahna
Lost One

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Discussion

Post by Saburine Eldahna »

I like :D how it still has components of my fav SW era: Stormtroopers, X-wings, and the Millenium Falcon :P

The lightsaber shape is a bit weird!
"Lying is an attempt to connect our wishes&our fantasies about who we wish we were with what we're really like."

"There's zero correlation between being the best talker in the room&having the best ideas."

U won't find my experiences&life stories on the holonet.
"Biases are the stories we make up about people before we know who they actually are."
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

The lightsaber shape is brilliant. The rolling ball droid is adorable.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I liked it, the only parts I was hestitant upon was the droid and the hilt, but these things may grow on me (and I'll laugh if that Droid gets kicked at some point in the Movie - it's Football, not Soccer. :x ).

However, Abrams does make good movies and as long as it keeps in line with what I know and feel for the Star Wars story - I'll be just fine and won't be nit picking it apart, plus we still have the full length trailer to come around.

A whole year from now though so... ugh!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Jerex Sol wrote:The lightsaber shape is brilliant. The rolling ball droid is adorable.
You smell like troll.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Jerex Sol wrote:The lightsaber shape is brilliant. The rolling ball droid is adorable.
You smell like troll.
No. I actually think the lightsaber shape is brilliant.

EDIT: Image

This guy knows what is good, though I'm not sure he feels exactly the same way about the lightsaber as I do lol.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I chuckled at the droid, as for the Saber I've seen similar blades on Jedi Academy in the past in saber packs, the plasma effect for that saber is interesting I have to admit.

Would like to see more of the original cast though.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

It's basically a Broadsword with a Lightsaber blade and hand guard, though it was mentioned before. Given what is seen in Rebels, it's the way Star Wars is going - creative types of Lightsabers.

I just hope they don't get TOO creative it becomes rather silly.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Sebastin Creed wrote:I just hope they don't get TOO creative it becomes rather silly.
^ This ^
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<