Ok, big problem

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Elouise-Claire Flynn
Lost One

Ok, big problem

Post by Elouise-Claire Flynn »

Few days ago, I would be launching up the RP Mod but once I used it to connect to the servers, the start up command prompt for JKA would stop working and then my whole computer/laptop would freeze up. Please, do help.
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Re: Ok, big problem

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Retrace your steps for any new things you've lately installed and see of removing them helps. (I'd include skins and models)
Check the age of your graphic drivers and update where appropriate (ie. When they're not up to date)
If it doesn't help, try a fresh install after backing up your pk3 folders.

Hope something helps, but a screenshot (photo, because freeze, duh) of the happening would help.

Also, is the mouse involved in the freeze or not? Because if it isn't, I'd even advise waiting for a bit longer for stuff to load.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Were you using any other software when you tried to connect? If yes, try to close them.
Softwares (RARELY) might influence another software's operations and crash them.
Did you do any edit to your computer parts? If yes, try to undo any modification, that might be the cause.
Did you notice its temperature? Your whole system can crash if it is overheated.
There are thousands of chances, so as Zander said, a screenshot would help.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Has your OS updated at all? Have you tried running JKA as Admin or in compatibility modes?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Elouise-Claire Flynn
Lost One

RP mod is always run in admin mode really, uh, I don't mess with my computer parts (DOn't think i'd ever want to really, my laptop is my baby, my life :< Dun' wanna wreck it) uhm however, when I FIRST did it, I was playing TOR, sure, but I wasn't the second time and that time I coul dmove the mouse but it wouldn't finish the JKA command prompt start up for it to load everything so I waited, clicked on itunes (its always up cause my iPod charges in it) and wanted to play music while I wait but that wouldn't come up and things started acting weird that it wouldn't bring anything up or show anything after clicking on it so I literally just had the mouse moving
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Do you load into the game through the RPmod Launcher or Steam?

Have you updated all the different packs?

Have you tried re-installating the game and patch?

(Move all your PK3s into a folder, don't want to have to re-download all those).

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Run a full virus scan of your C drive and other respective drives. Also check your graphics card hardware, ensure they're up to date and that there are no issues. If you have NVIDIA I recommend reinstalling the drivers from scratch. They're notorious for messing up.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I'd say it's definitely a problem with your components. I'm the exact same with my old computer here, removing the graphic card and hard disk from their slots, fixing them and putting them back correctly whenever something like that happens. It's so old I have to invest into a new whole computer because of compatibility problems with the new hardware. You haven't done anything to it since you've bought it, right ? How old can it be ?
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Elouise-Claire Flynn
Lost One

it will be 2 years old on christmas.. And yes i launch it through the RP mod
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

What happens if you just launch the base multiplayer?
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Have you got another computer? If yes, I would suggest you to try using it.
Using your same files you have got on your computer, if it doesn't work that means it is a problem of your files.
If it works, your computer has got a problem which might be technical (RAM, Graphic card and etc..) or inside your HDD.

Elouise-Claire Flynn
Lost One

Base JKA doesn't run either..
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Have you tried re-installating the game and patch?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Grokh'torr
Lost One

Post by Grokh'torr »

Can you provide a screenshot of the failing Jedi Academy console, like Zander-Bo Umra suggested? If the console gets stuck during start-up, it should display some kind of error or missing file, it would help a lot!

If the console just disappears, troubleshooting your problem will be really difficult. For starters, you can remove jaconfig.cfg and jampconfig.cfg from the Gamedata/base/ dir. Back these files up because removing them will reset your options and controls. Then start the game using jamp.exe. Just a small try to see if your configuration files somehow mess up your game loading.

I doubt that your rig is the problem, a 2 years old rig should handle an id Tech 3 engine game like Jedi Academy flawlessly.

There have been some good and useful questions asked in this thread by people. You need to answer the questions asked in this thread, so people can troubleshoot your problem better!
Elouise-Claire Flynn
Lost One

Well the screenshot wont show jack really because upon starting up, when I say it freezes or stops, it shows no error it just stopped Responding in total.

Also just tried uninstalling the RPMod and tried running jka, still did the same thing.
Last edited by Elouise-Claire Flynn on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.