[CLOSED] Server and HUD issues

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

[CLOSED] Server and HUD issues

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hello JEDI members,

So, we've been hearing that there has been some issues with lag on the servers and the known HUD problem which comes and goes. I've been in contact with Soh, who has set up a form of data capturing to see if we can figure out what is going on.

However, to help with that, we need your help and it needs to be as precise and detailed as you can. Server time stamps and a description of what happened would help significantly with figuring this out and any possible fixes to stop it from happening again.

Please, don't enter into speculative discussions on here just yet, I want to try keep this thread as simple and to the point as possible, filled with bug reports that Soh can use in his investigations.

Thanks,
Seb

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Grokh'torr
Lost One

Re: ((Server and HUD issues))

Post by Grokh'torr »

I do not have specific time stamps. However, once you get the bug/glitch, then all of these errors appear together:
  • The scoreboard is reverted to the standard Jedi Academy Multiplayer scoreboard: The "Level" tab is replaced by the "Score" tab.
  • In the Profile menu, the "Name" field disappears: you cannot enter your RPMod account name in order to log in. The only alternative is to use the /rplogin command in the console.
  • The informations list on the right-hand side of the screen that shows your Name, Playermodel icon, XP, Rank, etc. is gone.
  • Even if you log in succesfully using the /rplogin command, your template (allocated XP/purchased Force Powers, unlocked Force Powers, locked Force Powers) is replaced by a fully unlocked template, and you are given 100 XP to freely spend on any Force Power.
  • The HP and Shield meters, and the Force Pool, have the standard "100 range". Example: Normally, the red HP bar is full when I have my maximum HP amount. With the glitch, the red HP bar is at "25% full" when I have my maximum HP amount.
  • Changing from melee to Lightsaber quickly ignites and shuts off your lightsaber (in ~0.5 seconds), it also makes the ignition sound. This is only visible to yourself, not to others.
  • Normally, when you stand upon a spawned R2-D2 NPC, you will stand still. With the glitch, you will keep jumping/hopping on top of the NPC automatically.
  • The console displays a red message, saying (paraphrased): "You seem to not have RPMod installed, please visit [...] to install the latest client." In other words, the console/game thinks you do not have the client.
  • The /rpgetrpcs command, while it seems to register, does not fix the bug.
It is note-worthy that I have had the "100 XP + unlocked template" glitch when we were still on the BlueIce map for the Life Day. So that leads me to believe that this whole bug has been around back then already.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I'd just like to note, I noticed the hud resolve itself the other night when the weather on the server was altered, unless one of the council typed something else that fixed it I believe the weather did, I know that sounds odd but it seems it refreshed the server causing the hud to reload :o.

@Grohk: /rpgetrpcs DOES work but only if no more than 6 clients are connected :s which was confirmed by Zander a few weeks ago.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Evanin wrote:
@Grohk: /rpgetrpcs DOES work but only if no more than 6 clients are connected :s which was confirmed by Zander a few weeks ago.
Might actually be no more than 5, haven't tested explicitly.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Hello all,

Thanks for your reports so far. All of the symptoms described here come from an issue with the "RPCS" system, which allows the servers to send state information to RPMod clients. For example, without this data the client doesn't know if Accounts are enabled, which has serious consequences on the interface.

As Sebastin mentioned, I enabled detailed server logs to be able to further investigate this issue - but only on Galaxy and Grounds servers for the moment. I will update the Temple server tomorrow when it's empty.

If you connect to one of these servers and notice the HUD issue, please let me know the exact time so that I can search through the thousands of log lines. :)

Thanks for your help,
- Soh.

EDIT: Temple server now updated with detailed server logs.
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

At roughly 7:32 AM GMT+10 (1632/34 GST server time) I connected to the Temple through my client, to arrive to a message saying:
You don't have RPMod's Client mod
This server is using RPmod version 0.5.0 but you don't have the client-side equivalent.
You should download it to take advantage of new features and bugfixes.
->Download it at: http://rpmod.jediholo.net
This includes the error with the RPCS where I see the leader instead of the RPmod HUD. The issue is ongoing as I sit on the server. I'll reconnect and see what happens.

--

Reconnected at 7:36 AM (1636/48 GST) with the same issue. When connecting the RPmod loading overlay screen is shown, so I know I'm running off the client. The server just refuses to load it.

The server only has four people on it.

--

Restarting and reconnecting at 335.19 (1642/12 GST).

Client and RPCS working fine.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

20th of February, 2347/50 GST

No RPCS with only two players online. Same issue as before, RPMod's Client mod isn't registering, giving me the same error as earlier. This has happened after connecting to galaxy, and then coming to the Temple, as I did last time.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Thanks for the info Silas. It may be related to a security patch introduced in 0.5.0, which limits the client userinfo size and may have truncated the part that lets RPMod servers know which client version you're using.

I just deployed an update to RPMod (0.5.0b) to all 3 servers, in an attempt to fix this issue. I will leave debug logs enabled for a week, so please let me know if you encounter this issue again.

- Soh.
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Jumped on the server at 1900 only to have the bug be present 12 people were connected at the time

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Joined the server at 1933 GST to see the bug present with 11 people connected before myself.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Joined server at 1459GST, hud not loaded properly with 2 people on.
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Grokh'torr
Lost One

Post by Grokh'torr »

Joined at ~1459/00 GST, the in-game time on the upper-right corner showed ~143:00. 'Have gotten all the bugs listed above.
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Yep, we all have. Not the ones that were connected twenty minutes ago, apparently.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Keth Flynn wrote:Yep, we all have. Not the ones that were connected twenty minutes ago, apparently.
The issue wasn't present then, but is for me now, I checked Grounds, no issue at all.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Galen Sol
Lost One

Post by Galen Sol »

Some of these issues are present on the Temple server at 1717 GST, with the scoreboard reverting and the upper corner icons being incorrect and bugged as well. Just thought I'd let you know.
11-12 people are logged in.