Skinning Difficulties

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Galen Sol
Lost One

Skinning Difficulties

Post by Galen Sol »

I'm really nearly on the edge of saying screw it and using a skin unmodified for Galen Sol's... skin, but I'd rather not do that and have at least the integrity to create, or have someone create, the skin.

I learned the basics of recolors and such for skins, the typical
Base/models/players/jedi
Base/models/players/_humanoid
And did a simple recolor for practice, so I've got that down for me, but my problem begins when deviating.

I tried Base/models/players/_humanoid
Base/models/players/Jedi_Armor
Which is the file path for a custom skin I'd like to base my own skin off of, to fit Galen's appearance the way I had been planning since the start, but when I open the model in modview it gives me an error for "lower_a1" and crashes the thing.

I even tried
Base/models/players/_humanoid
Base/models/players/younglingmale

So, I'm entirely new to skinning and all this, and I'd most certainly like to try on my own, but I do need some help seeing where I've gone wrong and what I should be doing instead. I can give out my skype if it's necessary to learn a few instructions (if you'd prefer there instead of here). Otherwise, if it's not too much work, I'd also like to request a skin mod of my own from the community, though I really have no idea what information to give should I actually be given the generosity of one of the community members' attention to make the skin for me or otherwise. Please let me know if you can help me understand skinning better.

I've definitely read some guides, but they were somewhat confusing. I figured the best place to learn was from a community of players with custom skins, AKA JEDI!
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Re: Skinning Difficulties

Post by Arven Silaan »

When I'm home from work I'll be happy to go over setting up skin files. As for skinning, as I can only recolor someone else will need to help you there.

Galen Sol
Lost One

Re: Skinning Difficulties

Post by Galen Sol »

I'm sure Virtuo told you all about it, but everything's alright now. I may need your help in the future with some sounds, but I think Virtuo's got my back for now. My skype is listed on my profile just in case.

Thanks, though!