Two sides to the Force.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Dev Kai
Lost One

Two sides to the Force.

Post by Dev Kai »

So, I'm pretty sure over the years this has got brought up. Like the inability to currently use one staff with two color blades, I was hoping some day someone could produce something (not me because I'm not knowledgeable in the how ) That makes a clear separation between the way powers are used visually.

Lightning / Storm for example. Cornith and I thought it would be great if the jedi who were obviously of the light could use "Emerald lightning" Or if rage was renamed something like Focus and had a blue energy buzz animation rather than the evil red. Drain could even be blue/green/yellow?

Basically it would require having two different sections for templates in rpmod that allows for a user to be Light side or dark side. If you were light the colors would be different but when you run into a dark sider, they have normal colors and maybe even the stronger ones could have a purpleish lightning like the emperor.

Some day is this even possible? I'd have made it a suggestion if I thought that it could even be done.

What do you think JEDI?
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Two sides to the Force.

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I honestly always considered suggesting renaming Rage to 'Valor' and changing the effects shown visually.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

I don't see why it couldn't be in regards to the way the game is set up on the base game. To give an example of what I mean, if you join any base server that allows you to have force powers, you have to choose between the Light powers or the Dark powers. This was done by clicking on something on the screen that switched between them. It is likely very possible for what you are suggesting to be created using that system given to us by the base game.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Well with Rage being called fury, I always thought people where going for the TFU II thing and make it like a light blue aura.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Dev Kai
Lost One

Post by Dev Kai »

The main point I'm getting at though is when random Jedi # 223 actually uses a power like storm in game and they're light side, the energy they throw is green or perhaps for storm light yellow. Is it possible to code it to be different colors for powers depending on alignment? I was already using a mod Corinth threw together a long time ago for changing the icons. Thank you for posting that link as well, Silas.

So? Can it be done? If it could, would it be a back breaking thing to make happen?
Thanks for reading guys.
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Oh about storm... that would look way cooler. Though should it be made an option or like the color change only affects level one and two since force judgement isn't as strong as regular lightning? I think it should be put as an option rather than be a level thing, cause some people might want the real lightning to still be included for rp's sake.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Dev Kai
Lost One

Post by Dev Kai »

Yeah. People should totally be able to choose to best fit their rp. This would be a great addition.