Modview issues

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Modview issues

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Been trying to skin a new update for myself, but unfortunately my Modview isn't working correctly. Whenever I load the .GLM file, it shows up as invisible, as if I never loaded it, but the animation options/frames are still visible.

The normal skinning protocols were followed, base/models/players on the desktop with _humanoid in the folder so the model is able to appear (but it isn't).

Anyone able to help with this?
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Modview issues

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Is the _humanoid folder in the same /player/ folder as your own skin and not inside the /virtuo folder?
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Of course
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Make sure any and all files relating to your skin are in the /players/virtuo folder with the model.glm among them, if it's anywhere else it won't load them, sub folders inside /virtuo are fine so long as all their .jpeg or whatever image files you use are there too.
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

All the needed files are in there.
Jen-Da
Lost One

Post by Jen-Da »

Have you tried troubleshooting by importing another model than your own?
Maybe the glm was corrupted when you moved it.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Unfortunately thay didn't work either. If this helps with finding a solution, when I load up any model I get one error message saying
WARNING: no shader files found in 'c:/users/justin/desktop/base/shaders'
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Do you have any shaders related to your models, it helps to have the shader folder along with the models folder (not inside models but with it).

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

I don't have any shaders relating to them I'm afraid.
Jen-Da
Lost One

Post by Jen-Da »

Wow, what is that error...

Alright so what I usually do is. I keep my modview base/models/players folder setup within the root of my C drive, because it prevents funky errors. You should try that. I'd also avoid having shaders in that folder. It just complicates things I find. They don't show up in modview anyway as far as I know. It renders textures on both the outside and inside whether you have the folder or not.
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

The shader error will always occur unless you assign .shaders and put them in the directory listed; its best to avoid it if you aren't using shaders.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight