A Personal Apology - 340.21

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Galen Sol
Lost One

A Personal Apology - 340.21

Post by Galen Sol »

Silas Vir'n, whom you already know is my mentor, has informed me of my wrongdoings OOCly. While I've been somewhat tolerable as a human with my antics and shenanigans ICly, it became another thing when OOC tendencies started to flourish and I was carried away with my actions that I bothered others and disrupted RP. I feel I owe more than just Silas an apology for my actions, but the community as a whole.

I've been a member of the community for 5 months now, and that is surely long enough for me to understand that rules and policies of JEDI, which I absolutely respect, despite my actions. I feel I've grown extremely comfortable here, but I've let my habits become a problem. I hate, and I mean absolutely hate hearing that my actions have caused stress, and I'm working right now to nip the problem at the bud. No doubt, it'll take just a little bit of time to transition, but I promise that I'll do my best to reflect these changes on-server and elsewhere.

My problem stemmed from a few small habits here and there, an OOC PM, some actions in game here and there, but as time went on and I grew comfortable, it was just that: I was too comfortable. Nobody had approached me on the subject before, even though they shouldn't have had to considering I should have known what I was doing was wrong. I've always like making people laugh, but sometimes too much silliness is just immersion-breaking and annoying, and I do recognize that.

I love JEDI without a second thought or hesitation, and to harm the thing I've loved for what seems like such a short time, but in reality was actually quite long, hurts me. And what hurts you, hurts me. I promise you, as a member of the community who just wants to make some friends and get immersed in this amazing world of JEDI, that I will clean myself up and make a change to provide as much Role Play and immersion as I can. All I really want is a place in the community and the hearts of those in it.

If you've read this, and you've been affected by my less-than-civilized actions or not, I can't ask you to forgive me, but to let me show you that I will do my best to fit in and stop immaturity in its tracks.

Thank you for reading.

-Galen Sol
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Re: A Personal Apology - 340.21

Post by Jago Mirax »

Takes courage to come up with a post like that, you have my respect.

I've not exactly been around enough recently to notice any discrepancies in your behaviour, so to me this post is somewhat unexpected. Nevertheless, funny how the teachings that our characters endure also apply outside of roleplay aswell, having a direct impact on how we conduct ourselves as a person behind the screen and in real life.

Kudos to you, buddy.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Galen,

It takes a lot of courage to admit to something like this, and I very much respect you for it. However, I will echo an old sentiment that Master Creed often rolled around when we were students: the proof is always in the pudding. Apologising for your behaviour is something we should all respect, but unless that behaviour changes, the apology is meaningless.

Change your actions, develop yourself as a Jedi, and you'll have earned all the forgiveness and the admiration we might have to offer. Continue down the path you've been walking, and no number of apologies will make it right.

Best of luck to you in this, lad.

Regards,

Aslyn
Ilaine Strias
Lost One

Post by Ilaine Strias »

You always make me laugh and we've shared some funny moments but I understand you're doing what you need to do to be taken more seriously.

I wish you the best and will aid you the best I can as a younger student.
MY SKIN:

LINK
Athan Marr
Lost One

Post by Athan Marr »

Galen!

Like others have said before me it took courage to take time out to make this post, I personal have no problems with you and I am proud of you and this public apology, I love all members of JEDI and hopefully no more apologies will have to be made, let's just role play in peace, spread love, and be happy haha :mrgreen:

- Your friendly neighborhood Jedi,
Athan Marr
Species:Human | Age:Early-Thirties | Homeworld:Dantooine | Mentor:Nico Keztor