Force Storm Academy

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Force Storm Academy

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

So, I've been browsing Youtube and found this awesome channel. you better check the other videos on their channel, they've already finished two forms and are covering Soresu next, which caught my attention o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uePGZsdCfIo
Last edited by Kro’jan Touru on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dithaal
Lost One

Re: Force Storm Academy

Post by Dithaal »

Ooh, these are interesting. Let me just binge watch the Makashi ones q.q

Name:Dithaal|Birthdate:322.31 ABY|Initiated:336.21 ABY|
Noviced: 338.18 ABY|Apprenticed:340.27 ABY|Mentor:Delmi N'jork |
Knighted:347.15 ABY | Apprentice(s): |
Position(s):Battlemaster - 348.02 -357.31 Image
Lay down your head, closing your eyes. Let the bed of grass, heal your mind. For when you open your eyes young pupa, all will be right.

Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Kro’jan Touru wrote:So, I've been browsing Youtube and found this awesome channel. you better check the other videos on their channel, they've already finished two forms and are covering Soresu next, which caught my attention o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uePGZsdCfIo

Not bad! I like this! I love how it explains the forms in different phases. :mrgreen:
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

More theory wise and too lazy to quote tergos:

Lightsaber Combat Descriptions and Rants : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14E48361CD4C0B5A
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

Actually I would watch these just to see how the Form is actually executed and the acrobatics is what impresses me the most, I am 100% not watching this for the -theory- :D.
It's pretty amazing to see people devoted to that kind of stuff, really great channel.
Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Yeah actually seeing the forms being physically executed is what excites me most about that channel, I can't wait to see how the other forms are performed. 8)
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Just saying. I find the theory to be as much enjoyable especially with that guy. Those guys are cool though.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Voh Phaar
Lost One

Post by Voh Phaar »

Definitely worth a watch, really interesting video(s).

Name: Voh Phaar Species: Nautolan Age: 42 Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Initiated:
342.06 ABY Knighted: 368.25 ABY Mentors: Wen-Ordo, Jerex Sol
Padawans: Nodo Salar, Sadjoo Hawieedu

Krei'dexx'onubi
Lost One

Post by Krei'dexx'onubi »

Great find, Kro! Definitely adding it to my channel list. It's crazy the amount of fan work there is out there and it all came from a 'shot in the dark' sci-fi film in the 70s.
Name: Dexx/Dexxo/'Stylish Dexxo' Species: Chiss Homeworld: Csilla DoB: 334.03 Initiated: 340.21 Apprenticed: 343.01
Mentor: Jedi Master Coren Ran
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

I have a feeling... that since a Jedi religion actually exist. Someone will have enough money to fund saber training as a martial art, sort of like Kendo and all the other weapon based Martial Arts that exist.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

Niko Inaru wrote:I have a feeling... that since a Jedi religion actually exist. Someone will have enough money to fund saber training as a martial art, sort of like Kendo and all the other weapon based Martial Arts that exist.
#Too Far :wink: though, it's still possible.
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Pssh... you think that's to far, how about people starting to realize a whole new aspect of spirituality and connecting with the universe allowing for that person to... EHEM use the Force. XD

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Niko Inaru wrote:Pssh... you think that's to far, how about people starting to realize a whole new aspect of spirituality and connecting with the universe allowing for that person to... EHEM use the Force. XD
The vast majority of Eastern 'Religions' beat you to it. And Jediism/Jedi Realism have been around for about thirty years now, so I'm gonna call this old news. Also, I presume you've heard of Tai Chi, Reiki, Qi Gong, 'Faith Healing', Chakra Manipulation etc etc? Same principles involved there...

And, yes, sadly, there have been some groups who have thought to try and develop a 'martial art' based on the lightsaber, but when you consider swords and their martial art training systems have been around for several thousand years, what you end up with in the modern era is either a) amateurs flailing around with a blade that have no real understanding of it, or b) professionals who use the lightsaber gimmick as a means of making a good deal of money out of very gullible people. If you want to learn to use a blade, go find a real trainer: practice Iaido, for example, or the sword forms of Kung Fu. Go do some Fencing, or some Kendo.
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Yes yes, but I guess what I mean was if it soared to a more grand scale... as if someone finally figured out how to use telekinesis or something like that. What if our Galaxy becomes the New Star Wars Galaxy....or if we left this one to a whole new galaxy. Like in Star Wars, where no one actually knows the origin of Humans and that they just assume it was from places like Courscant.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

We'd all be dead, so would it really matter?