Emote Scroll - UI Mod

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Iffo Rav'i
Lost One

Emote Scroll - UI Mod

Post by Iffo Rav'i »

Mod Name: Emote Scroll
Version: 0.7
Quick Sell: Bind all 100+ emotes in RPMOD to just 12 keys.
Download: Dropbox Link

Warning
If you use this mod, it will wipe any binds on the number row of your keyboard (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, =, backspace). If you wish to make a back up before using, type 'writeconfig backup' in the console. Then to retrieve the back up type '/exec backup'.

Features
  • Allows quick access to all emotes.
  • Customisable first row, so you can put your favourite 9 emotes together without having to scroll through the mod.
  • Refresh function allows you to see what row you have selected.
Use
  • Open Jedi Academy and connect to a RPMOD server.
  • Open the console and type '/exec rpmodscroll' (this can also be binded)
  • Press backspace to load the mod.
  • Press backspace again to load the first row (your favourites) of the scroll.
  • Toggle through the rows using the - and = keys. When each row loads, it changes the binded emotes to the 1 - 9 keys, to the row displayed at the top of your screen.
  • Press 0 to see what row is currently selected and what emotes are on it.
  • Press a number (1 - 9) to do the emote assigned.

Installation
  • Download rpmodscroll.cfg and place in to your base folder.
  • Open rpmodscroll.cfg with Notepad (other plain text editors should work).
  • At the top of the cfg, you should see the following text.
  • This here is the 'favourite' row. Change the emotes as appropriate. e.g if you wanted 'Bow to be binded to the '1' key, you would have "set RPMSCROLL_PERSONALONE "bow", if you wanted the '2' key to be emwave, you would have RPMSCROLL_PERSONALTWO "emwave".
  • This part is probably the trickiest. You will need to amend the echo text as shown here. Using the example in that screenshot, the fourth emote (RPMSCROLL_PERSONALFOUR) on the favourite list is 'emno'. So you would edit (PERSONALFOUR EMOTE) to 'emno' (or any other description you wish to give the emote)
  • Once this is done for all 9 of your emotes. Save and close.
Future Plans
  • Game/RP Settings (Autorun, Ledgegrab, Chat Distance, say_team_mode (Due for next version)
  • Weapons
  • Forcepowers
  • Screenshot Mod (Due for next version)
  • Sound and Brightness Control (Due for next version)
  • Server Connection (Due for next version)
  • Skin/Model Changing
Last edited by Iffo Rav'i on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jedi Master | High Councillor | Advisor to the Galactic Senate
Born: 333.06 | Initiated: 342.08 | Knighted: 357.07 | Mastered: 388.18 | Died: 435.29
Mentors: Wrennin Vae // Chothi Uxaala // Maia Rimora | Padawan: Serir Vun // Tycho Varga

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Re: Emote Scroll - UI Mod

Post by Amalia Feyn »

So it seems like rather than ever type in a an emote again, the script is like a quick option to perform all possible emotes with the hit of one or a few buttons on the keyboard? Sort of like a quick chat/voice chat function but for emotes?
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Don't get me wrong it's a good idea but you can bind emotes to keys easily, I have several bound for form poses and crossed arms and at ease.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Iffo Rav'i
Lost One

Post by Iffo Rav'i »

Amalia Feyn wrote:So it seems like rather than ever type in a an emote again, the script is like a quick option to perform all possible emotes with the hit of one or a few buttons on the keyboard? Sort of like a quick chat/voice chat function but for emotes?
Exactly, I suppose the best way to put it is, this binds 100+ emotes to just 12 keys. I've updated the top post with a more comprehensive guide on how to use and install, along with what exactly the mod does.
Evanin Dawnstar wrote:Don't get me wrong it's a good idea but you can bind emotes to keys easily, I have several bound for form poses and crossed arms and at ease.
Oh I agree, I only made this because sometimes I play on my laptop and spare keys to bind to are very limited. I don't expect anyone will use this aside from me, but sharing is caring :).

Jedi Master | High Councillor | Advisor to the Galactic Senate
Born: 333.06 | Initiated: 342.08 | Knighted: 357.07 | Mastered: 388.18 | Died: 435.29
Mentors: Wrennin Vae // Chothi Uxaala // Maia Rimora | Padawan: Serir Vun // Tycho Varga

Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Each to their liking. I have my own binding method as well, but it's nice to have something alternative as well for those who prefer a more menu-like interface. Thanks for sharing your work, Iffo, and keep at it. :)
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber