2 pieces of interesting Star Wars news.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Korona Rihera
Lost One

Re: 2 pieces of interesting Star Wars news.

Post by Korona Rihera »

Aelon Besarat wrote:I just had a random thought about that today...

What of the Force Ghost willing decided to return in that form? Anakin's Visage in the suit is something I doubt anyone would have wanted to be reminded of... So he took on his younger form as a sort of "This is who I want to be remembered as."?

On the other hand of the spectrum, both Yoda and Obi-Wan willingly gave their lives not only for a greater cause but also with the mindset that they accepted being their older selves and had no quarrel about being remembered that way.

The weird things I think about... :?
Would be pretty interesting, however I think the change as explained by George Lucas does make sense. Anakin may have been redeemed, but he was still Vader considering he was practically dead already, he always needed life support. Anakin was last "whole" in Episode III.
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

There was nothing decent about Anakin Skywalker, aside from the few minutes he was there in the original trilogy after being redeemed. Personally, I much rather forget the abomination that was Anakin Skywalker from the prequel trilogy. The only Anakin I'm happy with, is the one from The Clone Wars.

I don't really think Anakin will be appearing in the new movies, they seem to be moving away from the prequels and trying to maintain the image of the originals. If anything, it is likely to see Darth Vader mentioned or cameo in Rogue One.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Maia Rimora wrote:There was nothing decent about Anakin Skywalker, aside from the few minutes he was there in the original trilogy after being redeemed. Personally, I much rather forget the abomination that was Anakin Skywalker from the prequel trilogy. The only Anakin I'm happy with, is the one from The Clone Wars.
+1
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Meanwhile... In Star Wars Rebels....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Motoko wrote:Meanwhile... In Star Wars Rebels....

I had a good laugh off that. The sad part is I keep pretty up to date with that one. :roll:

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

The Star Wars Rebels season 2 movie premier was really good :D This season is going to rock, much Empire Strikes Back feels.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Zuri Lyn
Lost One

Post by Zuri Lyn »

Rex is back, the galaxy is saved. Nothing more to see here :wink:
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Anakin was good in my opinion, nowhere near abomination. A well-thought character that Hayden did his best to act as. I don't see the problem to this day about the character in itself, honestly. Jar-Jar though... They did a good thing fxing all that stuff, no actors to mock in this case. :D

The interactive stuff is pretty cool! About Hayden's return, I don't see why not.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Anakin was good as a prospective piece in the StarWars Universe however I always felt that they chose the wrong direction in his depiction of who he was meant to be. Though the conflict was evident, it was arguable more-so than was needed and there was less realism between his characteristic mannerisms in how he chose to deal with such a psychological roller-costar.

The issue wasn't the character but rather in my opinion the choice of actor and the way the script was written, it was always going to be a brilliant piece but the rumors and the assumptions that led up to the prequel setting left a lot to wish for and much of us (I assume), dissatisfied. Had the movie built more upon a realistic and to-date manner of dealing with his conflicts, something that might have related more-so to the struggles we face these days and how we choose to dictate our hurdles, perhaps it might have been portrayed in a more favorable light.

That said, I didn't direct, pay for or write the script so all that I can throw against here is assumptions like the many of you. It's easy to shoot down something like this but hey, without those responsible, I guess we're better off now than with nothing at all right?....

...-Right?

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

I think the prequels' productions were rushed, and a combination of bad casting (not bad acting!), and poor script treatment are responsible for the non-heroic characterisation of Anakin we get in the prequels.

He's not the only character to suffer this in the prequels. It is particularly noticeable on Padme as well. Natalie Portman is a brilliant actress, but Padme also comes through as immature and weak in episodes 2 and 3. Her role is not particularly impressive.

(Compare that to Luke and Leia in the originals, and you can clearly see a huge difference in quality of character development.)

Both characters were paid way more justice in The Clone Wars, as they were better treated by the writers of the show.

It's mostly in the writing, guys. At least I think so...
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Darael Febri
Lost One

Post by Darael Febri »

Aelon Besarat wrote: On the other hand of the spectrum, both Yoda and Obi-Wan willingly gave their lives not only for a greater cause but also with the mindset that they accepted being their older selves and had no quarrel about being remembered that way.
They weren't Darth Vader, though. They had no reason to be worried about people remembering their older selves.
Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

Cerez Kay wrote:I think the prequels' productions were rushed, and a combination of bad casting (not bad acting!), and poor script treatment are responsible for the non-heroic characterisation of Anakin we get in the prequels.

He's not the only character to suffer this in the prequels. It is particularly noticeable on Padme as well. Natalie Portman is a brilliant actress, but Padme also comes through as immature and weak in episodes 2 and 3. Her role is not particularly impressive.

(Compare that to Luke and Leia in the originals, and you can clearly see a huge difference in quality of character development.)

Both characters were paid way more justice in The Clone Wars, as they were better treated by the writers of the show.

It's mostly in the writing, guys. At least I think so...
I agree completely with this. I recently just had watch through of the film series again and this effectively summarizes my thoughts. +9999999999 :D
Darael Febri wrote:They weren't Darth Vader, though. They had no reason to be worried about people remembering their older selves.
Mhm! That's the point of my little theory, they died at peace with themselves so they came back as what they last were. Anakin was not at peace with himself so he came back with what he was comfortable with; his younger self.
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

I think it's best summarized by saying "Bad direction." All the actors have been brilliant in other films working with different people. Remember that only 1-4 were directed by Lucas. ESB and ROTJ had different directors and contain some of the best moments.

Also, relevant.

Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Motoko wrote:I think it's best summarized by saying "Bad direction." All the actors have been brilliant in other films working with different people. Remember that only 1-4 were directed by Lucas. ESB and ROTJ had different directors and contain some of the best moments.

Also, relevant.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_imag ... -Binks.jpg
Hahaha! :lol: Love it! And yeah, the director is of course always responsible for a film's final outcome, along with the producers -- you're absolutely right.

Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

I assume everyone here has watched Mr. Plinkett's reviews?

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY