2 pieces of interesting Star Wars news.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Korona Rihera
Lost One

2 pieces of interesting Star Wars news.

Post by Korona Rihera »

1. The Force Awakens has a new teaser, a 3d interactive one!

https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/video ... 940326940/

I found it really cool personally.

2. A rumor that Hayden Christensen might be returning to the franchise as Anakin/Vader once again. This might prove controversial, but what do you all think? Link to the article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/22/ ... isode-viii

What do you all think of these pieces of news?
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Re: 2 pieces of interesting Star Wars news.

Post by Aelon Besarat »

I personally think both are brilliant!

Using modern tech to appeal to the masses is always a good way to get the attention of all sorts of people, not just pre-existing fans.

This... May or may not be an unpopular opinion but I actually like the idea of Hayden as Anakin. I believe he was the very unfortunate subject of bad writing and directing in the Prequels but in other regards he is not a terrible actor. So personally I'd love to have him back with these new writers and director(s?) to see how he does!
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Yay to the first one. Big fat boo to the second one. It wouldn't even make sense, not even as a Force ghost. He was redeemed when Luke saved him before death, and his ghost never should have been updated to Hayden. It should have remained the older actor, and still should remain someone old.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Korona Rihera
Lost One

Post by Korona Rihera »

Syrena Exan wrote:Yay to the first one. Big fat boo to the second one. It wouldn't even make sense, not even as a Force ghost. He was redeemed when Luke saved him before death, and his ghost never should have been updated to Hayden. It should have remained the older actor, and still should remain someone old.
What if it's a flashback though?
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Lofbacca
Lost One

Post by Lofbacca »

Aelon Besarat wrote:I personally think both are brilliant!

Using modern tech to appeal to the masses is always a good way to get the attention of all sorts of people, not just pre-existing fans.

This... May or may not be an unpopular opinion but I actually like the idea of Hayden as Anakin. I believe he was the very unfortunate subject of bad writing and directing in the Prequels but in other regards he is not a terrible actor. So personally I'd love to have him back with these new writers and director(s?) to see how he does!

I'll second that, Aelon. I liked him as Anakin as well.
|-Name: Lofbacca-||-Homeworld: Kashyyyk-|
|-Mentor: Shaok Panek-||-Species: Wookiee-|
|-Noviced: 338.17 ABY-||-Apprenticed: 338.17 ABY-|
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Hayden is a good actor, Lucas's directing which made the character Anakin the way he was. POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD....plus I've heard theories of clones of anakin skywalker.

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Isane Fenris
Lost One

Post by Isane Fenris »

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG
HOLLLYYY!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
*Coughs*

Wow, that was amazing. I loved it!

And I have no trouble with Hayden coming back as Vader. In fact, I'd endorse it! With better writing, I'm sure he'll shine as he should. If you look back, as far as expressions and general disposition, Hayden captured Skywalker well, it was whenever he opened his mouth that things went to hell (mostly because he was spouting utter nonsense).

Image|age_52|height_1.65|species_dathomirian|mentor_motoko.isawa/aslyn.denethorn/simus.cnydaria|padawan_trin.oniron/vania.starr|

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Korona Rihera wrote:
Syrena Exan wrote:Yay to the first one. Big fat boo to the second one. It wouldn't even make sense, not even as a Force ghost. He was redeemed when Luke saved him before death, and his ghost never should have been updated to Hayden. It should have remained the older actor, and still should remain someone old.
What if it's a flashback though?
Yeaaaah that's fine. They really could only bring him back for that or a ghost. Or those clones.. I hope there's no clones..

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

I don't get the flak for Hayden... you can't blame an actor for the choppy writing and lack of direction. (Especially when you've asked if you could write Anakin as a better character and get turned down by George Lucas himself and are told to keep the same...dull...lifeless... idiotic... inhumane lines.)

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Saburine Eldahna
Lost One

Post by Saburine Eldahna »

I like me some 8) :wink: hayden!
"Lying is an attempt to connect our wishes&our fantasies about who we wish we were with what we're really like."

"There's zero correlation between being the best talker in the room&having the best ideas."

U won't find my experiences&life stories on the holonet.
"Biases are the stories we make up about people before we know who they actually are."
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Isane Fenris wrote:If you look back, as far as expressions and general disposition, Hayden captured Skywalker well, it was whenever he opened his mouth that things went to hell (mostly because he was spouting utter nonsense).
Had me rolling. :lol: :lol:
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hayden was meh in Episode 2, but in Episode 3 you could sense he was getting into the groove along side Ewak McGregor - plus you can't deny he didn't dedicate everything to the part (you seen him training in sword play? Bravo).

However, coming back into the franchise really depends on the how and/or why. If it makes sense, then sure, I think Hayden with a good director - and his passion for star wars - would nail whatever role he was given.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

I wouldn't mind Hayden coming back just to redeem himself. "See! I told you guys it was the direction and writing!"
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I think for me it's not about Hayden being the actor, nor the bad writing of the prequals. it's that I disagree with Lucas's decision to insert him as the ghost in the final scene of RotJ. The argument is that the last time he was good was when he was young and a Jedi, but I think that's flawed. Luke saved Vader before he died. Therefore, the original, older actor should have remained in that scene.

That's why I'm fine with if Hayden comes back for flashbacks, but not if it's as a ghost.

Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

I just had a random thought about that today...

What of the Force Ghost willing decided to return in that form? Anakin's Visage in the suit is something I doubt anyone would have wanted to be reminded of... So he took on his younger form as a sort of "This is who I want to be remembered as."?

On the other hand of the spectrum, both Yoda and Obi-Wan willingly gave their lives not only for a greater cause but also with the mindset that they accepted being their older selves and had no quarrel about being remembered that way.

The weird things I think about... :?
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18