New Movies and Games Discussion

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Salvong
Exiled

New Movies and Games Discussion

Post by Salvong »

I can already guess there's a thread for this somewhere, but I'm gonna admit that I'm a little bit lazy and still sorta' new around here to get use to the forum system to even find it. Please remove this thread if one already exists.

Anyway, I had a question for anyone who wanted to talk about any of the upcoming games or movies for Star Wars! (Plus, I want to get more involved with everyone. :) )

So here are my questions:

1. Is anyone excited for SW: Battlefront by EA? Have you played the beta?

2. What are your takes on SW: The Force Awakens? Do you think a creation of new characters with a return of the classic, lovable characters is a good idea? What are your views on Kylo Ren, the new Sith Lord?

Tell me your views! :mrgreen:

Age: 15 | Species: Farghul | Initiated: 343.14 | Apprenticed: 343.24 | Mentor: Syrena Exan |

Noviced: 344.29 |
Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Re: New Movies and Games Discussion

Post by Aelon Besarat »

I am a devout optimist so I may be bias towards everything being 'fantastic' in the words of Aelon... However...

Battlefront:
I have been watching the beta streams all morning; it is very good looking, very nice feel, something I /love/ is that the sniper carbine is not the most OP weapon in the game. The 'randomness' of blasters is what I expect it to be and is very natural feeling. While I had, and still have, a twinge of sadness about no space combat I would definitely buy it; they're more than likely going to make a space DLC. :lol:

Something I want to point out is Vader/Luke's deflection. You, as a normal trooper, could kill a Lightsaber wielding hero should they be simply awful at deflection as it requires them to block and aim the bolts back at you; you could also easily kill Vader/Luke if you have enough people shooting at them to overwhelm them.

Really it's the orbital strikes that seem to be the biggest killer.

Awakens:
I got absolute shivers when I saw the trailer. I love the cast. I love the look. I love the costumes. The story is still a mystery, sort of? But it reminds me of the New Rep vs Imp Remnant so that's fantastic to me.

What I want to see? Space battles. Good ones.

What I want to know? More about the group Kylo belongs do, they do not /seem/ to be Sith nor have all of their knowledge as Kylo's saber is... Well it looks like the force field that surrounds the plasma is far weaker than it should be; that is my reason for the 'spray' effect it has.

Honestly, what I thought when I went into theatres to see the new Star Trek films was that J.J. would be fantastic for a Star Wars director(not so much for Star Trek :P). So what I think is that people should wait till it is actually released, because honestly? I am more than ready for the other two films that are coming out and I haven't even seen the first one.

At the end of the day, I love all of Star Wars. Yes. Even the Prequels. So I am ecstatic that my favourite series of all time is being revitalized for the modern era!
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Korona Rihera
Lost One

Post by Korona Rihera »

I have not gotten to play the beta for Battlefront unfortunately, but if it's free for download, I'll happily play it! :mrgreen:

As for the Force Awakens, I CAN'T WAIT! Kylo Ren has been confirmed to NOT be a Sith Lord but is instead a member/leader of the Knights of Ren. I'm interested in seeing how the Empire became the First Order, and how all the old characters (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, etc.) tie in with the new characters (Finn, Rey, etc.)

It shows that Finn (John Boyega) is a Jedi, and is probably who Luke was referring to back in the 2nd teaser "The Force is strong in my family, my father has it, I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too." Perhaps Finn is related to Luke in some way? :?

But I'm more interested in seeing how the Crossguard lightsaber works in a fight. :mrgreen: Someone in JEDI needs to craft one!
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I'm going to be streaming Battlefront tomorrow on Twitch if anyone is interested, just ask for the link :P
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Add "Books" to subject line pls.