It's here.......

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Korona Rihera
Lost One

It's here.......

Post by Korona Rihera »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Words can not describe the feels....so many feels!

Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Re: It's here.......

Post by Cerez Kay »

*Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!* Hahahaha! XD Looking good.

Why are all the main characters having an identity crisis at the same time? :P

I really like the sentimental touches over past events, though, that extend further than just the Jedi.
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Cael Dan’kor
Lost One

Post by Cael Dan’kor »

:: sobs furiously ::
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

I hope no-one was expecting something equal in calibre to the original trilogy, 'cause that's not likely to happen... :P But it should be more enjoyable than the prequels, I think.
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Cerez Kay wrote:Why are all the main characters having an identity crisis at the same time? :P
Lool.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

I really wanted Luke.

Those buggers are turning me into a nervous wreck. I wasn't really drawn in to the trailer though, maybe even a little disappointed?

Probably a good thing considering most trailers look amazing, give too much away, hype the film up beyond its potential, and then the film comes out and everyone's expectations are shattered.

Undeniably Star Wars, though.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Saburine Eldahna
Lost One

Post by Saburine Eldahna »

I like the new look of it.

How do you like those emotions? :cool2:

There's still two films after it :D Everyone has a fav of a trilogy right?
"Lying is an attempt to connect our wishes&our fantasies about who we wish we were with what we're really like."

"There's zero correlation between being the best talker in the room&having the best ideas."

U won't find my experiences&life stories on the holonet.
"Biases are the stories we make up about people before we know who they actually are."
Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

Cael Dan’kor wrote::: sobs furiously ::
:cry: I know the feels.
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Can we all take a moment of peace and silence for those we may never see again. (Goodbye...Kyle Katarn)

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

It almost looks as though the whole Galactic Civil War was little more than a legend to those characters. The whole idea that the Jedi are little more than rumour and myth...
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

So...then this is like the Matrix Reloaded when some people didn't believe what the hell Neo did in the first movie actually happened?

What kinda- What? Come on man... What happened to those people? Were they living under a rock? The loss of a planet and two Death Stars and people still act like nothing happened?

Nah, maybe it's just that girl was born in a year where she didn't know what was going on and no one told her about what happened in the past.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

::Loud Excited Nautolan Noises::

I will be attending the film with a group of friends and it is the most anticipated thing I can think of for the foreseeable future! I have already fallen madly in love with the concepts and what little we have to go on. I heavily believe it's worth will be subjective, to me? No matter if it is 'good' or 'bad' in the end it will still inspire a new generation to fall in love with Star Wars or cause old fans to fall back in love with it.
Cerez Kay wrote:Why are all the main characters having an identity crisis at the same time? :P
The Force works in mysterious ways; 'twas destiny! :D But I mean, really, it is more than like the Force, should you chose to believe as a Jedi does. Three is often harolded as a number of completion or plurality in mythology; the Ancient Egyptians believed it to be the number in which signified a complete system of deities(In this case, uniting people of completely different backgrounds/views for a common cause). :) That's my theory, anyway~
Aslyn Denethorn wrote:It almost looks as though the whole Galactic Civil War was little more than a legend to those characters. The whole idea that the Jedi are little more than rumour and myth...
I believe they were referring more to the Jedi and Sith, respectively. Admiral Motti, while comically confident in the Death Star, blatantly called Vader a Sorcerer and dismissed the power of the Force as an ancient religion. While the term 'ancient' was not used literally it does show that not everyone knew about the Force nor did they have specific details on much.

Han Solo is a good example of this as he, like presumably almost everyone, likened the Force to a 'hokey religion', using the word 'ancient' like Admiral Motti, consisting of simple tricks and nonsense. The 'normal people' of the galaxy more than likely didn't even know about the Sith as the Jedi never told anyone as telling people would double their enemies at the time. Thus Emperor Palpatine was merely a disfigured old man and Vader was the last Jedi whom didn't take part in the "plot against the Republic" that left the Emperor disfigured.

An interesting note I came across when looking for titles of holofilms... There are a large number of holofilms that seem to be thinly veiled Imperial propaganda. For example... The Clone Wars holofilm that Aelon speaks of quite frequently is 'one of the two most popular segments of the Emperor's life' suggesting it was edited to centre around the Emperor during his time as Supreme Chancellor; not reflecting the entire war as a whole and as such editing out parts the Emperor didn't want the public to know.

Edit:
Mind you, this is all taking place some thirty years after the Jedi were wizards of an 'ancient' religion.
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

:: breath is out of control ::

Isane Fenris
Lost One

Post by Isane Fenris »

zomg zomg zomg...
:: drools ::

Image|age_52|height_1.65|species_dathomirian|mentor_motoko.isawa/aslyn.denethorn/simus.cnydaria|padawan_trin.oniron/vania.starr|

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I had the biggest nerdgasm so far this year and it's only 20th October..

I was a tad disappointed that Lukes only appearance was with R2-D2 which was shown during the first trailer (or second I forget)
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<