JEDI "Alien" Tips

((JEDI Rules & Tips to help you get the best start within the community))
Cael Dan’kor
Lost One

JEDI "Alien" Tips

Post by Cael Dan’kor »

JEDI "Alien" Tips

The SWEU is filled with innumerable races. When creating a character remember that the race is only a tool for the roleplay. With that in mind, try to avoid basing your character’s personality, strengths, or weaknesses on the descriptions provided exclusively by the source material. Just think of how diverse human beings are on planet Earth!

Consider your character to be raised among another race or planet as opposed to their homeworld. Were your character’s parents or guardians old, young, middle aged, abusive, kind, conservative, liberal? Was your character’s family wealthy or poor? Does he or she have brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts? Do gender roles exist in your culture? Has your character met other races? What kind of friends did he or she have? Note: It gives a character more to work with if their family is still alive. Don’t be quick to go the Batman-esque route because it is easy; this is uncreative! As a role-player you should give yourself more, not less, to work with. You will be with this character for a very long time!

There are more things to think about besides what the canon presents. If you are roleplaying an “alien” correctly, the fact that you are playing one should fall into your subconscious. You should focus on the character, the personality, the person. “Zabraks are known to be hot heads.” How about you change it up: I want my Zabrak character to be calm, collected, and not stubborn. “Iktotchi are known telepaths.” You know what: I want my Iktotchi character to be atrocious at mental techniques. The Council has seen applicants select races or aliens for race perks or powers. Please avoid this, particularly if you are considering crossing races. In JEDI the character is forefront, everything else second. The physical characteristics and culture are important, but don’t let Wookieepedia or other sources tell you how to role-play. Why can Humans have variety but not aliens?

I hope this is helpful. Below is a list of some of the races approved by the Jedi Council. These are not the only species available, so you are still encouraged to explore what else Star Wars has to offer! Be advised, however, that some races are outright forbidden, such as jawas. You can find a copy of the list of forbidden races here.

Examples of approved races:

Code: Select all

Anomid
Anzat
Aqualish
Arkanian
Bothan
Cathar
Cerean
Chagrian
Chiss
Chistori