[SPOILERS] SW Ep. VII: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: [SPOILERS] SW Ep. VII: The Force Awakens Discussion Thre

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I got goosebumps with the vision scene cos I knew it was supposes to be Bespin instantly.

Also I LOVE that music!

I strongly agree with point 6.

Another theme I fell in love with was Rey's theme
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Alaki Leed
Lost One

Post by Alaki Leed »

That vision scene was pretty well done with the imagery and the score for it. Definitely feeling like Rey is gonna have a good parental reveal in the next movie. I want to seem more about snoke and his history.
|age_16|height_1.75m|weight_74.1kg|race_Nautolan|
Iffo Rav'i
Lost One

Post by Iffo Rav'i »

Another 'throwback' I noticed was when they first get on the Millennium Falcon and Rey is asking Finn for tools, he picks up the old training remote Obi-wan used with Luke, and throws it away!

Jedi Master | High Councillor | Advisor to the Galactic Senate
Born: 333.06 | Initiated: 342.08 | Knighted: 357.07 | Mastered: 388.18 | Died: 435.29
Mentors: Wrennin Vae // Chothi Uxaala // Maia Rimora | Padawan: Serir Vun // Tycho Varga

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I keep seeing Kylo Ren complaints all over the internet, between his actions in character and how apparently 'ugly' he is. It annoys me how people are looking at him, and I came across this post which sums some of what I think up nicely.

Warning though, some sweary bits.

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a1 ... 60s_v1.jpg

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Korona Rihera
Lost One

Post by Korona Rihera »

Syrena Exan wrote:I keep seeing Kylo Ren complaints all over the internet, between his actions in character and how apparently 'ugly' he is. It annoys me how people are looking at him, and I came across this post which sums some of what I think up nicely.

Warning though, some sweary bits.

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a1 ... 60s_v1.jpg
Couldn't have put it better myself. Kylo was wounded pretty bad throughout the fight. The fact that Finn, a non-Force Sensitive, was able to land a hit, even a glancing blow, should say something.
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

This speaks my mind exactly!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Actually, that made me think back on it. :D
Kylo is a beast.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Cael Dan’kor
Lost One

Post by Cael Dan’kor »

I found this little gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjN61tSLZ1k

After my first viewing, being the nerd that I am, I wasn't really sure about the political climate of the Galaxy. When Starkiller fires, at first, I thought the metropolis planet they were depicting was Coruscant, but it turns out I was wrong. The New Republic's Senate and fleet locates on the homeworld of the Supreme Chancellor at the time. It moves every time a new individual is elected. This'll also explain that the Empire and First Order are two separate entities. And explain more about the dynamic between Republic and Resistence.

Considering the Republic fleet and Senate has been destroyed, it does leave the greater part of the Galaxy exposed to the First Order, who was kept at bay in the Outer Rim by the Resistence. Their fear, mainly being the might of the New Republic's fleet compared to their own.

Also, another thing that was cleared up for me: In Rey's vision with Kylo Ren mass murder people with the Knights of Ren. That is him basically killing all of Luke's other students. I want to see more of the other Knights.
Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

Based on things stated in the wiki, which is an arguable source but the best I've found at present. Only three New Republic senators were on their current capital with one fleet.

Additionally the Empire is no more, the last of the Imperial Remnants were defeated at the battle of Jakku where a surrender was given. The First Order was inspired by the Empire but is an entirely different political body that lives right next to New Republic territory. They were locked in a cold war of sorts, Leia continued to press the Republic Senate but they were assured that the First Order would remain within the terms of the agreement they signed.

Personally I don't think they were ever worried in the slightest about the New Republic fleet? They were merely waiting till Starkiller was operational? But there still may be other fleets that the N.Republic calls in to aid in the new war. Seeing as the remaining senators must be outraged.

I'll agree completely with seeing more of the Knights of Ren. I believe they are other students of Luke's? Though I am unsure...
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Kha Rae
Lost One

Post by Kha Rae »

Aelon Besarat wrote:Based on things stated in the wiki, which is an arguable source but the best I've found at present. Only three New Republic senators were on their current capital with one fleet.

Additionally the Empire is no more, the last of the Imperial Remnants were defeated at the battle of Jakku where a surrender was given. The First Order was inspired by the Empire but is an entirely different political body that lives right next to New Republic territory. They were locked in a cold war of sorts, Leia continued to press the Republic Senate but they were assured that the First Order would remain within the terms of the agreement they signed.

Personally I don't think they were ever worried in the slightest about the New Republic fleet? They were merely waiting till Starkiller was operational? But there still may be other fleets that the N.Republic calls in to aid in the new war. Seeing as the remaining senators must be outraged.

I'll agree completely with seeing more of the Knights of Ren. I believe they are other students of Luke's? Though I am unsure...

You have to take into account the Disarmament act. Which is what birthed the resistance. It seems as though that if any action is taken against the new order it will not be orchestrated by the republic but by the resistance. As far as how many senators where actually on Hosnian Prime at the time of it exploding. I don't recall reading any thing that tell us how may senators were actually there, outside of the wiki's that is. But it seem most people believe that the new order wouldn't have just targeted a random system. Especially after the speech general Hux gave about crippling the republic.
Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

Kha Rae wrote:You have to take into account the Disarmament act. Which is what birthed the resistance. It seems as though that if any action is taken against the new order it will not be orchestrated by the republic but by the resistance. As far as how many senators where actually on Hosnian Prime at the time of it exploding. I don't recall reading any thing that tell us how may senators were actually there, outside of the wiki's that is. But it seem most people believe that the new order wouldn't have just targeted a random system. Especially after the speech general Hux gave about crippling the republic.
An act easily rectified in the face of war and the mass murder of millions of New Republic citizens along with leaders of the state. If at the very least providing additional support to the resistance, perhaps the Mon Cal donating ships to their cause on the 'down low'.

On the subject on how many senators were present at the destruction, I cannot find a citation. However. If the New Republic still operates similarly to the Old Republic? Then most of the senators would be off world and only called in twice a year or more if needed.

The First Order didn't target a random system to my knowledge. They targeted the current host to the Galactic senate, but, that doesn't mean the senators were actually there in session. I believe the equivalent would be someone attacking the capital of say... The US or UK with a nuke. It'd definitely cripple either countries both politically and organizationally but eventually order would be restored if not simply due to the fact that the Senate had multiple leaders rather than a single one.
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Aelon Besarat wrote:I'll agree completely with seeing more of the Knights of Ren. I believe they are other students of Luke's? Though I am unsure...
What's interesting is Snoke calls Kylo "The last of the Knights of Ren", so is that some kind of a title then?

Also, in the vision, they appeared with a variety of melee weapons, some of which almost anime farce in style.
Nero Uzuhi
Lost One

Post by Nero Uzuhi »

Last of the Knights of Ren....

So he's the Brianna(Handmaiden) of The Force Awakens.

| Name: Nero Uzuhi | Birthdate: 331.4 ABY | Age: 16 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 340.26 ABY |

Cael Dan’kor
Lost One

Post by Cael Dan’kor »

The feels.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Motoko wrote:
Aelon Besarat wrote:I'll agree completely with seeing more of the Knights of Ren. I believe they are other students of Luke's? Though I am unsure...
What's interesting is Snoke calls Kylo "The last of the Knights of Ren", so is that some kind of a title then?

Also, in the vision, they appeared with a variety of melee weapons, some of which almost anime farce in style.
I believe Snoke refers to him as the Master of the Knights of Ren, more specifically;

"Even you, master of the Knights of Ren, have never faced such a test."

Pretty sure there's still a few kicking! I do not think any of them are ex-skywalker students however, I think they are more of an independent force user group after the destruction of the Sith.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol