Couldn't load maps/rannon_praxeum_day.bsp

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Ragnar Lofgren

Couldn't load maps/rannon_praxeum_day.bsp

Post by Ragnar Lofgren »

This is probably a common problem and I am simply Captain Derp of the HMS Derptanic however I keep getting this loading screen when I try to join the server. I have downloaded all of the required mods from the forum index and added them to my base file but yet I am still faced with this error message.

I am a hopeful, and unsure if I am required to have an account before I am able to connect to the game server. All I can say is, the only account I have right now is my forum account. Am I a naval captain and this is a simple fix or is it a little more complex?

Having a "Getting Started" thread pinned to the homepage of the Index would be awesome. One which tells you step by step how to apply, get onto the game server and what the first few weeks of being a hopeful will bring. I am clueless!

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Re: Couldn't load maps/rannon_praxeum_day.bsp

Post by Keth Flynn »

I think helping through Skype (if you have one or could create) will be quicker and far more easier for everyone, I'm willing to do that if you wish.

It does seem like you don't have the map anyway, the files which should be here are to be put in different places if you don't download everything from RPmod, it's not just all in base. You should start from RPmod, in the options of the launcher check the JKA gamedata directory to see if it directs you to your game's gamedata folder. Game updates, I put it on unofficial so it downloads everything anyway, automatically install blablabla and include unofficial updates.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Ragnar Lofgren

Post by Ragnar Lofgren »

Keth Flynn wrote:I think helping through Skype (if you have one or could create) will be quicker and far more easier for everyone, I'm willing to do that if you wish.

It does seem like you don't have the map anyway, the files which should be here are to be put in different places if you don't download everything from RPmod, it's not just all in base. You should start from RPmod, in the options of the launcher check the JKA gamedata directory to see if it directs you to your game's gamedata folder. Game updates, I put it on unofficial so it downloads everything anyway, automatically install blablabla and include unofficial updates.
My brain just melted.

My Skype is samp.50p

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Okay, let's go from there! :D
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Zaeim

Post by Zaeim »

I'm currently having the exact same problem ..

My skype is DentalSpace.
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

I'll assist Zaeim (Y)

EDIT:
The trouble has been shot.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Hundar Cour

Post by Hundar Cour »

Im having the same problem as well.

Dil.pickes55 is my skype if anyone can help.
Galen Sol
Lost One

Post by Galen Sol »

The real question is, though, did you download the map? :-D
That's all I got. If it's not that, then I can only think of
1. Is Disc 1 in the drive, and
2. OS related issues.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I've got the same issue. Does anyone have a fix?
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Were you really just having problems with the map or was it something more unique? If you're just looking to download the map zee link is here.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Hard to say- I have the map in the right area as best I can tell, but it seems like the game is failing to access the pack and extract / detect the daytime map.
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Make sure to extract the map into both your RPmod/JEDI folder as well as your Base folder.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Ah! That seems to have fixed it, much obliged.