Question about newcomer etiquette.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kualan

Question about newcomer etiquette.

Post by Kualan »

Hi there!

I'm thinking about creating a character and applying to join JEDI, as this community seems to hold quite a pedigree in good, solid day-to-day Jedi RP. I've even created a custom model for the possible characters (Whiphids FTW).

Before I do so, however, I would love the opportunity to just witness some of the server's ongoing RP to get a feel for the characters and how I might mould my own to fit in with the current narrative.

So I wanted to ask a question about etiquette - specifically, do you guys allow OOC spectators to join your server and just observe you guys at work for a short period? (Just to clarify, I mean as an invisible 'spectator camera' and not an OOC in-play character model).

I couldn't find anything in the rules explicitly forbidding this, but as I know immersion is a key factor for JEDI, I thought it best to ask before just jumping into the server.

Regards,
Kualan
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Re: Question about newcomer etiquette.

Post by Alehk Thol »

You're welcome to observe from spectator at any time on the Temple server. If there is a private role-play taking place on Galaxy, you may be asked to leave them be, but that's about it. :)

So long as you're not disrupting anything that is going on by calling out in broadcast brackets (( )) or something, you're fine!