Sound Effects & Visuals

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Sound Effects & Visuals

Post by Syrena Exan »

I don't know about anyone else, but the base JKA sound effects for abilities like jump and force powers feel extremely dated, obnoxious, and are a bit of a dead-give away for stealth and some other situations. The same goes for the big, immersion-breaking overlays for powers like absorb and protect. I'd like to open a project for replacing these with more imersive things, but I wanted to open the suggestion to see how others, and Soh, felt about it first.

What does everyone think?

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Re: Sound Effects & Visuals

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

Force speed is the role-playing breaker master '^' +1
Zeros Darok

Post by Zeros Darok »

I have to agree with Krojan, the speed sound has to go. And a few others could do with changing.
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

I agree. I'm in full support of this idea of an overhaul for the animations and sounds. For almost all the powers.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Yeah, I'd love it, if we removed the overlays for protect, would be gooooooood!

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Atrya Vyken
Lost One

Post by Atrya Vyken »

Do it. (insert Palpatine face here)
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

Glad you mentioned this Sy!

I've been working on a pack the last couple of weeks that includes replacements to force sounds & effects, among other things.

Nearly got a beta version ready for testing and feedback, which I'm happy to hand out once it's compiled.

Bare with me! :P

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Aiden Kezeron
Lost One

Post by Aiden Kezeron »

Speaking of force speed, is it possible to like- change that running animation so it looks less awkward. Your feet moves faster than your arms do, and that was probably cause speed was only set up with that slow motion thing from SP in mind, rather than the developers changing it in multiplayer.

|Name: Aiden Kezeron||Age: 46||Birthdate:341.04 |
|Homeplanet(s): Cathar, Naboo|
|Initiated:349.03||Padawaned:350.20||Knighted:370.14|
|Padawan(s): Maeve Lothaire, Lystra Hale|

Adrianna

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Animations are a whole different ballgame than overlays and sounds. It requires knowledge of animation programs and is a bit more advanced.
Last edited by Syrena Exan on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

I have to agree, certain sounds should be turned off or altered for instance the mind trick effect is another dead give away, specially for stealth purposes.
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I have a mod that has a few changes for sound (Mind Trick, Push, Pull, Lightning I think is all). I can post them when I'm back home!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Alright, as promised! Keep in mind that this was a WIP that I forgot about so the pull sound wasn't ever added, so it's silent. The changes are as follows:

Sense: Silent.
Mind Trick: Silent.
Push: A more "cinematic" sound effect, along the lines of EPI.
Pull: Silent, WIP.
Lightning: A more "cinematic sound, similar to EPVI.
Jump: Silent (Note: this doesn't change the landing sound).

Enjoy!

|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Awesome Delmi, thanks!

Still, it'd be great to see this become part of RPMod so everyone gets the same effects. Only fair when it comes to stealth and such.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Syrena Exan wrote:Still, it'd be great to see this become part of RPMod so everyone gets the same effects. Only fair when it comes to stealth and such.
With Soh's agreement, perhaps it and any other effects or changes could be provided as a add on for RPMod?
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

There are commands that can remove the 'motion-blur' effect from speed, as well as the bright overlay that turns on whenever you use sense. I don't remember the commands off-hand but I will look for them again.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03