Sound Effects & Visuals

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: Sound Effects & Visuals

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Jerex Sol wrote:There are commands that can remove the 'motion-blur' effect from speed, as well as the bright overlay that turns on whenever you use sense. I don't remember the commands off-hand but I will look for them again.
I would like these as well!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

The sense command is rpc_senseFx 0-1 (0 to turn off)

The speed command is rpc_speedFx 0-1 (same as above). However this one is not working anymore, so I may have used a different command. I will keep looking again later.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

What about taking away the push/pull effects?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Zeros Darok

Post by Zeros Darok »

Delmi N'jork wrote:What about taking away the push/pull effects?
Honestly I don't much see a reason for them to have visuals if only for aesthetic purposes, no need for smoke around your hand when you push or pull something/someone or those weird 'circles' that some mods have that appear when using Push/Pull.

Go for it Delmi!
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

The are removed with similar commands (rpc_pushFx) however they do not work as well. There may be conflicts with mods I have atm, and I am not able to test them properly yet.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Iffo Rav'i
Lost One

Post by Iffo Rav'i »

Jerex Sol wrote:The speed command is rpc_speedFx 0-1 (same as above). However this one is not working anymore, so I may have used a different command. I will keep looking again later.
I believe it is cg_speedtrail o

with cg_speedtrail 1 turning it back on.

Jedi Master | High Councillor | Advisor to the Galactic Senate
Born: 333.06 | Initiated: 342.08 | Knighted: 357.07 | Mastered: 388.18 | Died: 435.29
Mentors: Wrennin Vae // Chothi Uxaala // Maia Rimora | Padawan: Serir Vun // Tycho Varga

Kha Rae
Lost One

Post by Kha Rae »

If you're looking for sounds i beleive i still have the files i extracted from SW galaxies.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

That would be really handy to work with!

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Iffo Rav'i wrote:
Jerex Sol wrote:The speed command is rpc_speedFx 0-1 (same as above). However this one is not working anymore, so I may have used a different command. I will keep looking again later.
I believe it is cg_speedtrail o

with cg_speedtrail 1 turning it back on.
Ah yes! That is the command that I used, thank you Iffo. I was unable to find any other command that removes the push FX however, so unless someone else provides it, I am not sure. My testing of the rpc_pushFx came up with nothing after removing the mods. So I'm not sure.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

While I'm visiting, I'll offer my 2 cents on this...

The visual effects are game mechanics that let you know as a player that someone is using an ability - which you'd know as a Jedi.

Without those cues, you're no longer playing being able to 'feel' the Force so everyone will assume people are using protection etc.

Also, if you're in a no force spar, and someone starts using Force and there are no sonic or visual clues, people will cheat.

I'd encourage 'Subtle' modifications to the sounds/graphics, but they should certainly be kept even if they are improved.

I'd be happy to work on sound design - I've got access to plenty of stuff at work and I'm sure I can lend a hand on the visual aspects too, hit me up with an e-mail if anyone wishes to colaborate on anything: mrswishy@talk21.com
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I'm on the same line as Jared (you still around?!), visual and sound effects are there to provide feedback to the player, even if they don't really have a meaning in character.

In any case, if you collectively put up an effects pack that changes some sounds or reduces some effects to make them more subtle, I'm more than happy to include them in RPMod. :)
Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Jared wrote:While I'm visiting, I'll offer my 2 cents on this...

The visual effects are game mechanics that let you know as a player that someone is using an ability - which you'd know as a Jedi.

Without those cues, you're no longer playing being able to 'feel' the Force so everyone will assume people are using protection etc.

Also, if you're in a no force spar, and someone starts using Force and there are no sonic or visual clues, people will cheat.

I'd encourage 'Subtle' modifications to the sounds/graphics, but they should certainly be kept even if they are improved.

I'd be happy to work on sound design - I've got access to plenty of stuff at work and I'm sure I can lend a hand on the visual aspects too, hit me up with an e-mail if anyone wishes to colaborate on anything: mrswishy@talk21.com

Great point made there, this I agree on.
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

I'd very much like to see this type of
pack put into practice. Sounds adjusted to be more vague but still noticeable and the hues of effects to be opaque and without any saturation would be desirable.

Alongside this - at the risk of pushing off topic, I'd love to see the Force Sense signatures appear like they do in MBII, with a cloud of energy as opposed to the actual frame and body (which personally gives too much away for me). Perhaps for sense 3-5 the body can remain to reflect a more proficient and capable Jedi when sensing actions.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight