Playing Jedi Academy in borderless mode

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Trin Oniron
Lost One

Playing Jedi Academy in borderless mode

Post by Trin Oniron »

Yet another tip I'd like to share. I discovered (maybe a bit late) that it is possible to play JKA in a borderless windowed mode.

Borderless windowed mode, is basically your game in fullscreen but with the benefits of windowed mode (alt tabing without crash...), also it leaves it running in the background, unlike normal fullscreen. It is also beneficial for people with multiple monitors, but can also be beneficial for people with just 1 monitor. (Quick alt tab, is always beneficial imo).

I personnaly use Codeusa's Borderless Gaming 6.5 that work perfectly with JKA and is easy to install.

Quick Guide
- Just download the archive on the Github link, extract it in a new folder, launch BorderlessGaming.exe.
- It will automatically minimize, you need now to launch your game and put it in windowed mode in the graphic options.
- When in windowed mode alt+tab once to get back to desktop and right click on the BorderlessGaming icon and choose open.
- In the left side of the window (Under Processes that will apear select jamp, click on the right arrow button to put it in favorites (in order to put the game in borderless mode every time you launch it) then click on the third button with the expand icon. Your game will now maximize without any borders.

And that's it !

- In old or light configurations that may impact the performance because Borderless mode increase ressources usage.
- Tested it on Seven 64bits on a ROG laptop and Reshade activated and didn't see any fps loss.

◄▌Name : Trin OnironAge : 42Birthdate : 345.19▐►
◄▌Homeplanet : NagiInitiated : 357.21Apprenticed : 358.22▐►
◄▌Mentor : Rehkea'sitra, Isane Fenris, Jerex Sol▐►◄▌Padawan : Kir Darnic▐►

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Playing Jedi Academy in borderless mode

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

A good find, but I could have sworn RPmod has it's own /minimize command that will safely minimize the game to the task bar so you can browse safely in full screen mode.

You do have a very good eye for things however, I'm certain a lot of JEDI's members appreciate the effort you're putting in to improve their experience in and out of the game.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<