Can't join any servers. Tried everything.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Jin

Can't join any servers. Tried everything.

Post by Jin »

Hello, Jediholo!

I am interested in joining your server. However, it is really difficult to get connected to your server. I can not join it, for some reason.

I have set the launcher options in steam according to the launcher options, that the RPmod launcher would launch.

I have tried to add the server into one of my favourites, but to no avail. Nothing happened.

I have tried to switch the data into the RPMod folder from the JEDI folder, but nothing happened.

Does it have something to do with my firewall?

PS: I'm using Steam.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: Can't join any servers. Tried everything.

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I know several people use Steam with JKA and RPMod with no problem. I'm sure one of them can help you. Sadly I'm old school.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Dithaal
Lost One

Post by Dithaal »

I had a similar problem when I first tried joining the server. First of all, what does it say when you try to connect to the server?

Secondly, try putting all of the JEDI files (skins, maps etc) into your "base" folder as well.

Hope this helps.

Name:Dithaal|Birthdate:322.31 ABY|Initiated:336.21 ABY|
Noviced: 338.18 ABY|Apprenticed:340.27 ABY|Mentor:Delmi N'jork |
Knighted:347.15 ABY | Apprentice(s): |
Position(s):Battlemaster - 348.02 -357.31 Image
Lay down your head, closing your eyes. Let the bed of grass, heal your mind. For when you open your eyes young pupa, all will be right.

Jin

Post by Jin »

Well, it says nothing. Nothing stands withhin there.

My launch options are
+set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI

Do you want me to change them?

Anyway, I'm gonna put all JEDI files into the base folder, then...

And as I said, nothing happens. I go to the server list, it's blank. I add the favourite server, it's still blank. I get triggered, it still gets blank. stays blank.
Jin

Post by Jin »

I would also be happy if I could get some sort of live help. Maybe like discord or teamspeak would help me more than simply checking the whole time on the forums.

EDIT: nevermind... I just noticed on the top left corner, that I can refresh the list... I'll try to get in now!

EDIT 2: Yep! It all works now... Haha, I'm such a silly person. :)
Now I just got to Roleplay with you lot... Even though I don't really like starting off as a kid! ;P