Star Wars TRIVIA

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

This may or may not be easy, Since 1983 how many video games have been released bearing the name 'Star Wars'?

An estimate or exact number will suffice.

Bonus: What happened in 1983 that caused a 8 year gap between the release of the next game?
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

A: 57 Games?

Bonus: Lucas!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Sebastin Creed wrote:A: 57 Games?

Bonus: Lucas!
57? Higher than that mate..and no it wasn't Lucas :P

And I mean from 1983 - Present when I wanna know how many games.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Closer to 110 actually.

For the bonus question: several reasons. 1983 marked a major low-point for the industry as a whole. LucasArts, having only been founded the year before, did a good deal of their development in-house. As a result, most of their titles were independent of the movie side of the business with titles like the Monkey Island series, The Dig, and Day of the Tentacle (all games I loved, classics in the adventure genre). There were only two previous Star Wars titles before that, and both had been licensed works arranged by Lucasfilm, their parent company. The first internally developed Star Wars games didn't see release until February of '93 with X-Wing (the only reason I even own a joystick anymore), and Rebel Assault later that year.

Supposing I hit the nail somewhere close enough (feel free to clarify)...

During pre-production for Revenge of the Sith, concept artists found a mascot that they also used as their rallying cry. What was "Horse Pilot!" inspired by?

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Over 120 have been released but your close enough, your go Sared.
Marek Izu
Lost One

Re:

Post by Marek Izu »

Sared Kilvan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 am During pre-production for Revenge of the Sith, concept artists found a mascot that they also used as their rallying cry. What was "Horse Pilot!" inspired by?

I suppose if no one else will take this.

Hohass Ekwesh, also known as Runt, was a New Republic pilot apart of Wraith Squadron. The illustration of Hohass was the humorous mascot they chose. Alex Jaeger, I suppose a concept artist for the movie, designed a custom X-wing that was influenced by a horse trailer.

How's this? Samuel L. Jackson, to this day, still owns his purple lightsaber prop from the movies. He's since then customized it. What did he have done to it?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: Re:

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Marek Izu wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:12 pm How's this? Samuel L. Jackson, to this day, still owns his purple lightsaber prop from the movies. He's since then customized it. What did he have done to it?
His catchphrase, "bad m__________r".

Who was the tallest Jedi?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Pent Desh
Jedi Knight | High Councilor

Post by Pent Desh »

Delmi N'jork wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:45 pm Who was the tallest Jedi?
Yarael Poof clocking in at 2.64 meters I do believe?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Pent Desh wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 amYarael Poof clocking in at 2.64 meters I do believe?
Your go!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Pent Desh

Re: Star Wars TRIVIA

Post by Pent Desh »

When was Boba Fett's first appearance?
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Post by Kiara O'ren »

Pent Desh wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 pm When was Boba Fett's first appearance?
I want to say it was in the SW holiday special, sadly.
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|
Pent Desh

Post by Pent Desh »

Kiara O'ren wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:10 am
Pent Desh wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 pm When was Boba Fett's first appearance?
Also the only animated piece of Star Wars media featuring the voices of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill. Your go!
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Post by Kiara O'ren »

How did Mara Jade Skywalker die? (Bonus points: Also what is your reaction to it?)
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|
Marek Izu
Lost One

Post by Marek Izu »

Pent Desh wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:52 pm
Kiara O'ren wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:10 am
Also the only animated piece of Star Wars media featuring the voices of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill. Your go!
Breathe a sigh of relief, Kiara. It, in fact, wasn't the holiday special that the world first saw Boba. TIL Boba Fett was first seen at the San Anselmo Country Fair parade on September 24, 1978. Just a little over a month before the release of the holiday special.

Duwayne Dunham, an assistant film editor on ESB and ROJ, wore the costume. It's talked about in this interview here.

I've got nothing on Mara, so I'll let someone else get that.
Pent Desh

Post by Pent Desh »

Oh snap, that's a great deeeeep cut!