Mission Report: Rogue Droid Investigation

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Serir Vun
Lost One

Mission Report: Rogue Droid Investigation

Post by Serir Vun »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Serir Vun
Date(s): 406.02/408.30-408.31
Members of the Jedi Order present: Jedi Padawan Serir Vun, Jedi Knight Kiara O'ren, Jedi Knight Rhuacca, Jedi Padawan Aren Kelpor, Jedi Knight Xintr Wolfe, Jedi Padawan Aqua Sol, Jedi Padawan Dexen Cass
Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: Planet, Galaxy (Knight+)
  • There is some years back the string of Droid robberies around the Kenzie area.
  • After some time this vandalism and attacks is end, within the few cycles of their occurring.
  • To my knowledges, no one was hurt seriously.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Around three years past Master O'ren and myself ventured out into the forest one afternoon. She is assist me in collecting stray wood for the project.
  • We is take one of the speeders from the hangar, perhaps Master O'ren's own personal one, to better transporting the wood.
  • While in the forest, on our way back to the vehicle, we is find that it is stolen.
  • Master O'ren is head back to the temple to seeing if she can tracking its location.
  • Meanwhile I am search the area for the speeder, and upon thorough inspection I am locate the vehicle hidden off the path, where the droid is busy taking pieces and parts out of this vehicles, tossing stuff, and so on.
  • I am immediately contact Master O'ren and she advise she is own her way and proceed with cautions.
  • I am confront the Droid without tell him it is our vehicle, and he is tell me it is his.
  • I ask him who is owner is and he inform me that he is not owned and is the free droid.
  • I reveal that we know he is steal the speeder and he is drawing the blaster and point it at me.
  • It tell me not to touch the speeder and leave.
  • Upon refusing to leave he is open fire.
  • With my lightsaber I am deflect the blast and removing the weapon from his grasp with the Cho Sun strike, removing most of the droid's arm.
  • Master O'ren appeared soon after and we is deactivate the droid from the back panel. Then, we is transport it to the temple.
  • This droids is sit in disrepair in the garage for some time. While intend for investigating this droid further, I am sent on assignment to Ladarra, and so it is take roughly three years for pick back up this investigations.
  • In between some assignments I am finally get to the droid to inspecting it, and am find that the memory core is very well encrypted.
  • The exterior of the droid is in very bad shapes, however the interior of it is looking extremely state for the art, modern.
  • I did noticing that there is the part with the help of Padawan Cass which is identified as the Dertanien Industries FL150A Remote Receiver Assembly.
  • The particular part is the first generation hardware and I am determine that it is primarily use for police droids for local control and use. I am also determine the maximum range for this, and concluded that it is impossible for this droids to being operated from offworld, in fact it must be within the Kenzie region to being operated. The investigation is stalling there for other notable assignments were requiring attention. I am submit this to the security wing, but because there is not enough informations and there were other pressing security assignment, it is not high priority.
  • On 408.30 I am meet with Master O'ren and we is approach Master Wolfe and Padawan Sol. Padawan Sol volunteer for cracking the memory core and we is get access.
  • Using my specifications of the FL150A antenna, along with the broadcast information from the droid metadata, I am performing the basic triangle to pinpoint mathematically where this locations could be at.
    • Essentially if this is the stationary broadcaster - which I assuming it is because it is impossible to getting the good and strong signal broadcast wirelessly on the move, at least with accuracy - it would mean if we is input the coordinates for each location the droid is receiving instruction then we could narrow down with the computer the probably location of this broadcast source.
  • Sure enough, we is able to narrow down to one location, which is the specific house outside Kenzie Proper. It is the homestead style place.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • Master O'ren and I are proceed to the location, and after some digging we is tell no one is home. We is spot the suspicious solar array outside, at odds with the homestead itself. I am note this as immediately strange.
  • We is wait, and eventually the man is come, bearing groceries.
  • We is learn him to be Kerr Valcion, and he is at first very resistant to our questionings.
  • With my power of empathy I am able for discover his anxiety and nerves at being caught for the crime he thought he is getting away with.
  • Together Master O'ren and I am discover that he is finding the watchtower in the north and saw it is powered on, despite being very old and not in use.
  • Kerr is the retired slicer, though we is not know too much of his past currently, I am assume he is do some very impressive/illegal things, for he is lived simple life now and want to "put all of that behind" him.
  • When he is slice in, he think he is play the assassin droid simulation and pick it up back home, but is stop and scrub the data immediately when he is see news that it is real. I am explain it badly here because of my Basic, but his explanation is sensible enough, if somewhat outlandish, to satisfying Master O'ren and my own's suspicions.
  • I am offer him this deals that I will trying for getting him out of the charges for the accident he is doing, if he is go with us and slice into the tower so we can identifying the true nature of this droids.
  • He is agree, and we is take him back to the temple to keep the eye on while we prepare.
  • We is go to the watchtower, and find that it is out of power now.
  • In fairness we is reason that it has beinged over three years and that is likely why.
  • We is decide that Master O'ren and Myself would going up and Kerr would slice using my datapad remotely, since he is not capable for climbing up.

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • Upon going up the tower we is discovering the control panel and I am open the panel up and finding the greeting card with "Memory Station" on it, written out "I remember you". I am identify immediately this as the trap.
    • Many many more years ago, About thirteen, Master O'ren (then Padawan O'ren) and I visited Memory Station in the Bilbringi system while on pilgrimage to Dantooine to honoring the death of my former Master Joran Fayara.
    • During this visit we is encounter this mans who is causing scenes but never arrested. His name is Jarrod, and he is fanatic of the Sith Imperium.
    • While there Jarrod is attempt to enact the terrorist attack by sending one of the star destroyers that is part of the memorial into the station. Master O'ren with my help and the assistance (and sacrifice) of the security vessel we is stopping him, and averting the catastrophic collision. Many people still died aboard the security vessel.
    • Jarrod is very good with technological things, and had rewired the ship for his own purposes, as well as many droids and other things.
    • It is our understanding as we is take him into custody that he is imprisoned.
  • Seeing this message I am understand that this is some sort of elaborate trap for myself and Master O'ren. Suddenly we is besieged by probe droids. Maser O'ren and I are destroying many and getting to the base of the tower, however we is getting trapped beneath it, and Kerr is perishing from the attack.
  • Master O'ren requested air support and Master Rhuacca and Padaan Kelpor is respond, bringing down the attackers. They also is noticing nearby the hangar buried in the snow.
  • The four of us is proceeding to investigating the hangar, and Master Rhuacca is authorizing Padawan Kelpor for opening full fire upon the blast doors.
  • We is check within and is find the lift below. There we is encounter more droids, this security droids, whom we is fight off.
  • As we making our way to the end of the network of tunnels we is come to the hologram message. It is the standard holo greeting sent with greeting card, I am think perhaps it is play from the greeting card I am carry, as he is look directly at me.
  • He is say, clearly attempt for being innocent for the lady take his recording, that he "remembers us", and is "Think of us often", and will "Take care of us".
  • The transmission ended, and we is unable to finding any further threat with the facility and returned home after retrieving Kerr's body.
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

This man is the dangerous criminal who should still being in jail. It is alarming to learning that he is no longer imprisoned, and my intention is to following up on determining how he is no longer in custodies. Furthermore, this is cast other things into doubt. Kerr's past, is he unwittingly connected with Jarrod? It is too coincidental for my mind that they is both prodigy technical peoples. If this is all the trap, it seem that he is obviously part of it, even if not knowing.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Master O'ren's speeder should being inspected for malicious tracking components or other things that the droid may have been installing years past on behalf of Jarrod.
  • Because Jarrod is target Master O'ren and myself specifically, this is make us liabilities in the field. Assignments from the council or other duties should perhaps being reassigned until we is locate and deal with him, otherwise we is recklessly introducing unrelated contacts or Order interests to him to tamper with or sabotage.
  • I am recommend that we is notify Kenzie and requesting they sending forensic teams to the hangar for the thorough investigations. Perhaps some sign of his whereabouts is left.
  • Edit: Also, if these attack is happen after our initial encounter that may mean there is more of the assassin droid from years past in the area. I am recommend the artisan department and aces coordinating the sweep of the area just in case.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡