413.27 Probe Recovery

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Dexen Cass
Lost One

413.27 Probe Recovery

Post by Dexen Cass »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Dexen Cass
Date(s): 413.27
Members of the Jedi Order present: Aren Kelpor, Ayyagella, Dexen Cass
We were sent to retrieve a damaged Probe Droid somewhere within Denozi Pass, at roughly 1530 GST, 413.27. Preliminary investigation suggested that the Probe Droid was damaged and experienced failure somewhere along the region of the Frozen Lake of Danozi Pass. Evidence supporting this theory was found strewn along the lake. Ultimately after using a transmitter stationed at a nearby mountaintop - we were able to triangulate the exact position of the failing probe.

It appears to have been shot down by a TIE fighter unit at some unknown timeframe during the day. Though likely not long before we discovered the probe, as it was still smoking. The Padawans were forced to take cover in a nearby cave, biding time for their escape, thankfully the TIE appears to have eventually lost interest.
Level of Exposure: <None>

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Padawans Dexen Cass, Ayyagella, and Aren Kelpor were sent to retrieve a Probe from Danozi Pass.
Attached are Coordinates reflecting a Wampa Cave on Danozi Pass.
Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • A TIE fighter appeared when we went to collect the Probe and began to fire upon us with its turbolasers.

Related Events
    Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
    As far as I am aware, there are no events related to this incident.
    Summary and Actions
    An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
    Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion.. This incident is relatively unprecedented, especially this close to Home.

My recommendations are as follows
    • Regular Scouting passes along Danozi Pass to determine whether or not the area is safe.

Aren Kelpor
Jedi Knight

Re: 413.27 Probe Recovery

Post by Aren Kelpor »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Aren Kelpor
Date(s): 413.27
Location: The mountain pass between the Praxeum and the Little Creek Village, Rannon
Members of the Jedi Order present: Padawan Aren Kelpor, Padawan Ayyagella, Padawan Dexen Cass
Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: <None>
  • Three padawans departed from the Praxeum towards the mountain pass

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Padawans Caas, AyyaGella, and Kelpor were tasked with retrieving a damaged probe droid in the area.
  • Upon entering the mountain pass, it was determined that searching on foot would be the most prudent method of locating the damaged droid.
  • During their exploration, they discovered a whole burned into an ice lake, as well as debris from the droid. It was determined that some attacked the droid.
  • The three proceeded to a transmitter not far from the lake, attempting to use its increased sensor capabilities to locate the droid.
  • The padawan’s determined the droid was attacked by a turbolaser.
  • Unfortunately nothing was recovered from the droid, before the padawan’s returned back to the Praxeum

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • Upon locating the droid, the three Padawans were attacked by a TIE fighter, before taking cover in a cave.
  • Padawan Kelpor took an E-wing to survey they area and attempt to locate the TIE fighter, but was unable to track it down.

Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
At present I am unaware of any events tied to this incident.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion this attack is rather bold. I don’t believe that the TIE fighter is part of the Wyld Empire, being that the fighter is short range and predominantly used for local space superiority, and at present there hasn’t been any obvious movement of Wyld Forces in the Rannon system. It would seem that it is local in nature, coming from somewhere on the planet.

My recommendations are as follows:
  • It would be prudent to discover where the TIE fighter originated from.
  • Increased air presence when Jedi are outside of the Praxeum might be advantageous in the sense that if trouble arises from this threat, support can be there quickly.
  • Finding out why the TIE fighter was in and around the mountain pass would also be helpful. Why was this area so important that they felt the need to deploy an asset as extreme as a TIE fighter in order to handle a probe droid. Is there something to the mountain pass s that we are missing or perhaps something that is hidden?
Last edited by Aren Kelpor on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homeworld: Corellia
Species: Human
Birthday: 388.09
Initiated: 399.04
Apprenticed: 400.20
Mentor: Wen-Ordo
Knighted: 428.26
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Re: 413.27 Probe Recovery

Post by Kiara O'ren »

(( Hey folks I'm sorry I messed up. I have to do a little retconning around this mission. It wasn't Danozi Pass but rather the mountain pass between the Praxeum and the Little Creek Village. So whenever you read Danozi Pass just swap em in your mind. ))
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|