Remove rank based TP restrictions

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Serir Vun
Lost One

Remove rank based TP restrictions

Post by Serir Vun »

As someone who wants to try to expand content creation for not just students but knights/masters as well, being unable to TP someone with a higher admin rank is an extreme hinderance. What's more, there appears to be no discernable reason for it. I get the idea of training admin rank and then moving up etc over time, but is it possible to remove this particular restriction without affecting others? For instance, it makes sense that I couldn't kick a councilor from the server. But if I run a mission for them, for whatever reason I may need to TP them. The worst thing one can do is make a participant in a mission TP themselves and break all immersion.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Re: Remove rank based TP restrictions

Post by Soh Raun »

There's a server cvar to control whether admin commands (not just /rptele) are allowed to target players with the same/lower admin ranks:
rp_adminUsableOn (int, default 1)
Defines on which people a player can use admin commands (0: all, 1: same or lower admin rank, 2: lower admin rank only, 3: non-admin players, anything higher: only you)
For specific occasions like missions, maybe a Councilor could temporarily change it to "0" using Rcon to let the mission director execute admin commands on anyone?