Dear ::JEDI:: Community

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Ina'eo'nekri
Padawan Learner

Dear ::JEDI:: Community

Post by Ina'eo'nekri »

Dear ::JEDI:: Community,

I find myself reflecting on the journey that brought me to this moment, and I can't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you. As I type these words, memories flood back, memories of a time when a CD-ROM was the gateway to a world of endless possibilities on my computer – a world that started my gaming adventures. A time when DragonBall Z provided background ambiance to my Jedi Academy quests. I began honing my skills.

The transition from a solitary player to an online adventurer marked a significant shift in my life. The thrill of dueling on various servers filled my room with excitement, and before long, I stumbled upon a place called ::JEDI::. Little did I know that this discovery would become my sanctuary, my second home. In the midst of life's challenges, this virtual haven shielded me from the darker aspects that so often accompany the high school experience.

As I delved into the world of ::JEDI::, I discovered not just a gaming community, but a family of like-minded individuals. The camaraderie, the storytelling, the shared experiences forged me and my character. It was a place where I could escape, where the struggles of reality were replaced with lightsabers and intergalactic adventures with my newfound brothers and sisters. In that special place, little did I know, a routine welcome inspired a bunny-hopping youngling who was just discovering this world. It warms my heart to see that in my absence, that very same bunny hopper blossomed into a remarkable individual, a truly phenomenal storyteller...and a cherished friend. I am sincerely grateful for the journey we've shared; you inspire ME now.

As life went on, leading me down different paths, duty called me away from ::JEDI::. Military service became my second life, and though I occasionally returned, the dynamics had changed. Forgive my logistics and time placement but "The Dark Times" tested the community's resilience, and, like many, I had to pick a side. The love dwindled, and my cherished character retreated into the shadows. Knowing him it was to hunt down some type of dark force, ugh he was cool.

Years passed, and I sort of retired from the gaming scene, embracing the responsibilities of parenthood. Online gaming lost its charm, so I turned to becoming primarily an offline warrior. I wandered through different titles, searching for that missing factor, that one game that could recapture what I had lost. It wasn't until a Jedi Academy 20th Anniversary video caught my eye that I felt the nostalgia rush back. The love for Star Wars rekindled, and a quick search confirmed that ::JEDI:: was still alive.

Returning to the community after so many years, I was met with warmth and acceptance. The joy of creating a new character, the anticipation of acceptance, re-ignited old friendships and newly forged ones filled me with a sense of homecoming, a sense of belonging. As I shared my excitement with those around me in everyday life, the blank stares only emphasized the uniqueness of this community.

Thank you, ::JEDI::, for enduring and thriving. Thank you for fostering creativity, encouraging minds, and providing a platform for shared stories. Special shoutout to Soh for his dedication and passion. You truly birthed something remarkable! You rock, man!

::JEDI:: played a pivotal role in my life, offering solace and direction during crucial moments. It kept me from trouble after high school, inspired me to join the military, and now, after all these years, I am proud to say it remains a staple in my life.

As I express my gratitude on this day of giving thanks, I want to keep it brief. To the entire ::JEDI:: community, past and present and future– I love you all.

With sincere appreciation,
The Duelist Formerly Known As Aeon Xarbon

P.S. - DBZ is playing in the background for me as I make this hahaha, some things never change. =)

Born: 435.13 ABY | Species: Chiss
Initiated: 440.11 ABY
Apprenticed: 442.29 ABY
Mentor: Jedi Master Delmi N'jork