Suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
=)JS(= Yanto

Post by =)JS(= Yanto »

I don't think anyone can actually fully jugde this mod untill it comes out, I don't know if it has but from what I have read it hasn't. It seems like it would be a good strong RP mod, which I look forward to seeing in action so to speak. I'll download it when it's able to be downloaded, and check it out.

=)JS(=Yanto
Syphix

Post by Syphix »

what if a jedi master from another academy comes in?

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

1.I think that allowing players to use both light and dark powers is a neat idea...for example Mace windu used force Choke from time to time, Kyle Katarn often used force Lightning (As did Luke), because really it is the INTENT that dictates the morality of the action... however changing grip so it does not damage seems a little odd. Surely its just as complicated to ADD a lightside grip that does not damage, as it is to negate the damage of a darkside one... I dont know much about coding, but I was certainly able to do something simliar for MYSTERIES OF THE SITH, which had a more Neutral force ranking system...

2. I think the server should have more spaces on it, I have on occasion been asked to leave to make room for a JEDI member, which is totally fair, but there were potentially another 8 or 9 JEDI members that would not be able to log on, an Academy would realisticaly have loads of members.

3. this could be just my bad luck, but there doesnt seem to be much structure for hopefulls... Im generally a patient person, and I understand that due to the nature of your map construction, and mod construction, that many of the senior ranking members have been really busy lately, but I would hope that there are some sort of lessons for serious hopefulls, so they get a taste of the Comunity ((and yes I concede that I HAVE been taught stuff, i simply like the idea of classes of hopefulls, like the bear clan scene in EPII))

4. What ROLE PLAY do you hope to achieve with total strangers? This is a serious question, and I ask it because my initial reaction to your rules was, "Right, I better pick a youngling model, and not attack anyone" etc... If I GENUINLY thought I would be taken seriously pretending to be some sort of wandering Jedi then I would have initially posed as one. ((I would like to clarify, that I do not regret my choice to abide by your rules etc...and really love the whole comunity you have set up...I was simply iterating my OLD perspective from when I first logged on )).

Im sorry if any of my comments are read as insolent, im not trying to step on toes, and I have TOTAL respect for ANYONE trying to do ANYTHING creative, and best of luck with the modification , you have obviously thought alot about it, I just wanted to share my thoughts on its implementation. Peace. :D
Aros Jakari

Post by Aros Jakari »

I couldnt have said it better myself jared!
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Jared wrote:1.I think that allowing players to use both light and dark powers is a neat idea...for example Mace windu used force Choke from time to time, Kyle Katarn often used force Lightning (As did Luke), because really it is the INTENT that dictates the morality of the action... however changing grip so it does not damage seems a little odd. Surely its just as complicated to ADD a lightside grip that does not damage, as it is to negate the damage of a darkside one... I dont know much about coding, but I was certainly able to do something simliar for MYSTERIES OF THE SITH, which had a more Neutral force ranking system...

This is what we are trying to do, and technically, a Jedi would not use the Force to choke someone up... He would use it to block their movements (Hold) or simply make them faint (Jinn in Ep1). That's why we think of removing the damages.

2. I think the server should have more spaces on it, I have on occasion been asked to leave to make room for a JEDI member, which is totally fair, but there were potentially another 8 or 9 JEDI members that would not be able to log on, an Academy would realisticaly have loads of members.

There, I agree with you, but the server slots are not Mod-related, but rather Rent related. Having more slots means having a bigger payment. While some members actually help with the server, I'm sorry to say that I will not and neither can endorse the full bill in the case (a sadly possible one) that one or more members stop helping. So, for now, the server will remain at 14 slots.

. this could be just my bad luck, but there doesnt seem to be much structure for hopefulls... Im generally a patient person, and I understand that due to the nature of your map construction, and mod construction, that many of the senior ranking members have been really busy lately, but I would hope that there are some sort of lessons for serious hopefulls, so they get a taste of the Comunity ((and yes I concede that I HAVE been taught stuff, i simply like the idea of classes of hopefulls, like the bear clan scene in EPII))

Another thing we tried, times after times.. and each time it was the same result : students not showing, or teachers not showing. So, with the timezone issues, and the difficulties of getting everyone on, or atleast a small specific group at the same time makes Classes as seen in the movie impossible for now.

4. What ROLE PLAY do you hope to achieve with total strangers? This is a serious question, and I ask it because my initial reaction to your rules was, "Right, I better pick a youngling model, and not attack anyone" etc... If I GENUINLY thought I would be taken seriously pretending to be some sort of wandering Jedi then I would have initially posed as one. ((I would like to clarify, that I do not regret my choice to abide by your rules etc...and really love the whole comunity you have set up...I was simply iterating my OLD perspective from when I first logged on )).

Well, I agree there with you. Strangers are not actually keen to our community most of the time, so, with the mod, we will be able to 'control' the flow of Sith, Dark Jedi and such coming in. The mod will allow over a hundred of logins without any problem.

That means that groups or players that wishes to seriously participate with us are more than welcome to communicate with the Council in order to get a login with some powers allocation.

The only reason Knights and up are so happy for this mod is because you dont fall down in skills that you earned and have to work back up.

Sadly, that ain't true. It will simply have you work up to more powers, and different ones ('dark side' powers, and Team powers). So will the Knights, and so will the Masters.

In another thread, or this one, I can't remember, there was also rant about not being able to choose powers on your own. While Soh, Gabe and I gave again thorough thinking on the login-system to allow such a use, and then it slapped me : would they actually choose?

I have asked around the same question : If you had a blank template, and that you could max out only ONE power (lv3), which would you pick?

Here are the results,
  • Jump, by 5
  • Saber Off, by 2
  • Speed, by 1
  • Grip, by 1
  • Heal, by 1

So, to me, this is like the teenagers with the pants at the knees and you'd ask him "Why are you dressed like that?" as he would answer "I have my identity that way!" while more than half of his school is dressed exactly the same. You have choice, yes, but you choose as others do, and it applies here too.

My 2 cent on this.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I definatly think the start message should clearly define that serious users MAY speak to Masters to be allowed "Trusted Guest" logins. It definatly has to be made clear that it's not a self-contained community, otherwise the stream of hopefulls will be cut in the bud.

Though, to be honest, it's a good test. Those that can't even be bothered to go check out the website, which will obviously be clearly stated, generally aren't going to be serious members anyway. Most of the current members did their homework when joining, and it'll be nice to keep it that way.

All in all, it'll be alot more realistic. I mean, it's a strict RP community....and JEDI is trying to be an authentic Jedi experience.....having a bunch of strangers wonder around with lightsabers they no-doubt were given by some distant Jedi Master ...*ahem*...never really made sense. It won't be more difficult to RP, it'll just take a little more effort in some cases.

Essentially, it'll force new members to put more into their RP'ing, which will mean good future padawan.

Syphix wrote:what if a jedi master from another academy comes in?

I think it'll be handled the same as guests. Trusted members of other communities, will most probably be given a designed login. Remember though, a good 90% of other clans are gaming clans. There are other RP clans, but we're rarely visited by them....just as we rarely visit many other RP servers.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Spera Elusido wrote:having a bunch of strangers wonder around with lightsabers they no-doubt were given by some distant Jedi Master ...*ahem*...never really made sense.
Exactly.

And, I agree about the guest-login thing. If they are trusted friends, they can easily talk with the Council about obtaining a personal login for their use. And, as Spera said, it will indeed create better members in the future, as they will have to do their research, as well as be willing to stick around for a while with close-to-nothing abilities.

Bottom line, it'll make it more realistic.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

Yeah and what if another Master comes to visit from a different RP clan. They can't use their Powers and will just be little lamo civilians...

So if i wanted to RP and attack on the temple... i have to clear it with the council first? Like PM them?

I don't like some aspects of this mod, but some is cool. just not alot of it... :(
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Halt Arratay wrote:So if i wanted to RP and attack on the temple... i have to clear it with the council first? Like PM them?

Yes, you'd have to clear it with the Council. It is actually a rule, not something that will be added by the mod. All major RP events must be verified by the Council before taking place. The members of the Council also serve as "gamemasters", therefore controlling the RP and ensuring that it flows nicely.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

So then was Kensu a RP?
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

yes, but that's a little off-topic. let's keep this thread for "suggestions"
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

This mod will truly be the desired RP realism that we need hehe, but I was wondering if any sort of currency or credit system would fit into it. I'm kind of flip-flopped on the idea myself.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Well I just read about this mod and I think it seems quite interesting. I'm just a spectator but still, ill put in my opinion.

As said, the mod seems really promising, I dont know if its in beta yet, or up on your server etc but from what i read on the information section of the forum the mod seems to address some of the issues and problems JEDI has struggled with since it's start.

Having holstered sabers and such is undoubtly neat, back when JEDI was a jk2 clan we always dreamed of such things, holstered sabers, melee combat (which jka provided when you moved over to it) and so on.

If i've understood things correctly there will be levels, xp gain and constant development for your character.

Why is a mod needed for this ? When me and Master Zaki trained under master Erue we worked for our skills. We sparred with each other and had lots of training sessions with Erue. It wasn't like we just did a mouse click when we got another saber stance. It was an accomplishment that took both time and effort to get to. I spent alot of my time in the pillar room, for those familiar with it, to become good enough to be able to complete the routes master Erue set up for me there.

This mod seems to add something unneccesary, exp and levels ? JEDI has always had that, I don't see the need to add an exp bar for when you qualify for your next level or restriction to what skills you may learn beacuse of your class.

The master should know when a student is ready to advance simply beacuse he/she should know their Padawan well enough to make that decision, and not by a full exp bar.

Secondly, to me it seems like this mod marks JEDI as a 100% roleplay clan. JEDI has always been that but with this mod you really want to create a 100% star wars enviroment.

A mod with heavy restrictions will lower the fun value for alot of the people that come by, while others will like it.

I think this is a clear signal of what course the Jedi Council or part of JEDI want to take, if the coming of this mod is set in stone perhaps JEDI members and the JEDI community should ask themselves if they wish to continue contributing to JEDI.

It seems like JEDI will be even more closed enviroment with Roleplay only for the most hardcore Roleplayers.

This is just the views of an old-timer, and in no way a flame. I just wanted to share my opinion and past experiences hoping it can be of help.
Wesley Ryor
Lost One

Post by Wesley Ryor »

I completely agree, unconditionally.
"Great men of action ... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are."
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

Helpfull input, Master Xan. There's nothing I disagree with.

Jamus, I don't think there will be a credit system....simply because there's nothing to spend credits ON. The new map most probably won't have an all-out 'Bar' like most others, as Axem's designing it to be a more realistic temple to fit our needs.