Suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Torrak

Suggestion

Post by Torrak »

How about not making this mod at all? Why would you need any of this stuff your adding?

The only reason Knights and up are so happy for this mod is because you dont fall down in skills that you earned and have to work back up. Why add skins to a mod? If someone doesn't want your skin don't force them to get it. Let them get it. Your basically making it better for Knights and up. Padawans yet get screwed over with another retarded rule for them to follow. Rules none of the knights and up had to deal with and just slid up the ranks like nothing. Knights are happy because they don't have to deal with that.

Why would you lock force powers and lightsabers? Not everyone outside of the temple are just normal people. Some people could possibly be Jedi. Your basically restricting rp from others who come to the temple. Having custom log ins for Padawan, Knights, Masters is lame. You can't trust Padawans to use there accual templates? That's sad if you can't trust your friends in your own Order. Also, why not have any Dark Side powers? Are you expecting to have no Dark Jedi or anybody try and sneak in? You think there all gone and aren't around anymore?

I don't see what the problem is with JA+. RP was fine when we ran it. Now your trying to make modifacations that aren't even needed.

Those are my thoughts of this mod.

Thanks
Aros Jakari

Post by Aros Jakari »

oh my gods....he has a point and I was thinking the same thing but hey who listens to the poor hopefulls who get killed by lamers that come on when no other admin is around to stop them and this doorlock to certain levels is baad due to point one up above.
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

Don't be ridiculous, it isn't just knights and up that really want this mod to be implemented. I am not especially happy about a few things coming with the mod.

On the up side, perhaps I won't have random people coming into the server in the middle of the night pretending to be someone else so that they can swap names and say "Gotcha!" and tell me that I should basically whip the students all day and make sure people are only talking and sitting and ::smiling:: because that's where the real work gets done around here, and perhaps with nobody creeping around behind my back I will not have to worry about whether or not people are scheming pointlessly. That's one good thing.

On the down side, I don't really like the idea that we have to choose to give up one thing for another. Spera said that there "Is no perfect JEDI" and well, no there isn't. Perfect isn't a definition of skill and it has nothing to do with force powers. If you study all the States of the United States of America, you don't have to trade off the Northwestern states just so that you can know the rest. You can learn all of them, and you can learn to use all of the force powers. The pointless limitation is really just a way to kind of half rip-off RPG's that are already in place, RPG's that have development teams and years of design taking place. We're going away from a system that has potentially a limitless amount of classes and insteading plopping three into place. Three classes that have exactly the same linear progression. How do you expect people to act in a unique manner and develop characters if they're all set on one of three paths with no variation? What kind of Jedi Master am I going to be if I have to basically shove people away so that I can pump experience points into my padawans and myself so that I can get a better jump? I thought our place, as masters, was to sort of lead the community and help shape things and provide things for others. Admittably, it was a little awkward that you were suddenly maxed out once you hit knighthood, that doesn't mean this system does a better job by throwing everybody down a hole.

Also mentioned was the detriment to conflict and the disbanding of possible roleplay from outsiders. We're throwing out an endless amount of situations and possible things to gain so that we can clamp down on the community and police them infinitely. This mod doesn't support or encourage roleplaying. This mod supports and encourages the conversion of a free-roam system into a few bells and whistles like login that give the illusion of a complex login system which is really just a way of taking away everybody's options and asking people, "Do you want to be A, B, or C?"

But whatever, I don't care what mod we use.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Raulos, seems you do care about which mod we use, if not, you wouldn't have posted this.

Torrak, Wesley reacted similar to you, and after I showed him the Template he'd get with the mod, he wasn't 'loosing' anything. Only 2 powers were droped, while 17 were raised.

This mod is not limiting anything, and actually will allow one important rule to be followed ; Roleplay situations are to be confirmed with the Council first. Meaning, we will be able to create variated and secure templates for RP events.

True, those classes are linear, but less than one template growth format. Having three alows strenght in certain areas and weakness in others... like every REAL person.

Wesley pointed something true, though, that if you'd spent your lifetime training, exemple, Speed, not because you'd be a Consular you couldn't master it. That is true, yes. But let's think of it a more realistic method.

Each and all of you learned to bike when you were kid... Some still bike around, while others like me haven'T touched a bike in years. Yes, I still know 'how', but wouldn'T mean I would be good at it anymore. That,s where the 'limitations' comes from. You can'T master all.

And yes, it allows much greater character developpement, because you'Ll have to focus on a certain area of your training to perform, and learn (and gain XP). Not just stand by and add powers.

And on a personnal note :

I should basically whip the students all day and make sure people are only talking and sitting and ::smiling:: because that's where the real work gets done around here, and perhaps with nobody creeping around behind my back I will not have to worry about whether or not people are scheming pointlessly.

Well, that is disapointing, and I see where the conflicts lies between you and I, Raulos.

I'd suggest you talk to me about this, cause you have something quite wrong setted in your head. And from the looks of this post, seems JEDI ain't much of a place for you after all... perhaps?

¨ Axem Keigoku
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

That's really just something that you keep thinking. You were the one who was threatening to poll all of the members to see if you should make me start over my training or be demoted.
Aros Jakari

Post by Aros Jakari »

:shock: wow a past I see. but what about the defenseless hopefulls who only have a fist and foot to where a lamer has a saber or two or staff!!

:cry: just a bug on the wall, I am
Last edited by Aros Jakari on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

Each and all of you learned to bike when you were kid... Some still bike around, while others like me haven'T touched a bike in years. Yes, I still know 'how', but wouldn'T mean I would be good at it anymore. That,s where the 'limitations' comes from. You can'T master all.

So if you don't practice you're powers you're saying they'd deteriorate over time? I'm not sure I am following your analogy.

If someone wanted to learn how to use a bunch of different weapons and spent all the time learning how to use them ... they'd reasonlessly not be allowed to learn how to use certain weapons? Realism at it's best.
=)JS(= Yanto

Post by =)JS(= Yanto »

From what I have read of this mod, it seems to be quite interesting. Although to get the full ''feel'' of it, I'd have to play on it when it comes out. Although it's something I look forward to seeing, just wait and see what it's really like when being used and so on.

=)JS(=Yanto
Last edited by =)JS(= Yanto on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Utho Astrocan
Lost One

Post by Utho Astrocan »

I dont really agree with guests just being idle humans, just dosent seem realistic that all people who come in must be a ordinary civilian, Im saying at least give them what they have now up to three in the areas with some restrictions but make them all dumbfounded people just walking around...
Nothing can Stop me now.
"We are all one in the end"
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Aros Jakari wrote::shock: wow a past I see. but what about the defenseless hopefulls who only have a fist and foot to where a lamer has a saber or two or staff!!

:cry: just a bug on the wall, I am

see, the thing is, aros, you won't have lamers with sabers. all guests will have bare minimum. fists and feet, just like you. and you shouldn't be fighting back in the first place.

also, sure, it limits the RP, yeah, it totally does. It limits it to a REALISTIC RP, one that is true to the Star Wars Universe.

If you recall back to the prequel movies, as well as the comics before that about the Old Republic and the Jedi Order then, as well as the newer comics with the New Jedi Order. Very rarely do random visitors come to the Temple, let alone visitors wielding lightsabers and swords.

It will make things more realistic. I am 100%, two thumbs up, for this thing because it is going to be SO much better. It'll be like a blend of KOTOR and JKA, which is amazing, in my eyes. Maybe not in gamers' eyes, but in mine.
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

I have to say, I see where some of the arguments are coming from, but I agree with Master Alkorda on this one.

Also, it was always a burden on RP when someone would come into the game saying "I am a Jedi Master!" or "I am a Sith!" just so they could have a certain ability or act a certain way. We just ignore them, or tell them to stop. With this that would be eliminated practically.

Also, here is a personal experience:

When I first came to the temple, as in my first few times, I knew very little about the way things actually went. For example, my jump was set to level 3... and I was 10 years old. See a problem here? This would give begininers what they need... a beginers view. No lightsabers, maxed out abilites, or crazy weapons to distract them. They would see how the rules worked, and probably follow it better. I also think it just makes everything more serious and just better.

There are flaws, sure. There are flaws with not having it. When the options are weighed, I think it would be better to have it than not too.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I'm not expert on Star Wars. I've watched all the moves a few times, played all the games i've seen, read up a little every now and again...

But....were Jedi ever "Free roaming"? That's actually a question, by the way, because I honestly am not sure. I always thought that Jedi studied under different styles...that of a Guardian, or Councilor, ect ect...

Again, I don't know, but I haven't heard of a Jedi that tried to learn ALL aspects of the force...in fact, I always thought that the Jedi Code line "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge." refered a little to the fact that...part of being knowledgeable, is knowing that one cannot learn EVERYTHING.
Syphix

Post by Syphix »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:see, the thing is, aros, you won't have lamers with sabers. all guests will have bare minimum

well im sure the guests will love our temple coming with the bare minimum, people will be swarming our temple with this mod

Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Syphix wrote:
well im sure the guests will love our temple coming with the bare minimum, people will be swarming our temple with this mod

Agreed
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Syphix wrote:

The idea is not to be popular, that would be much more like being another JA+ or JAE, or many of the list... We don't work hard to get this mod in order to please everyone playing JKa, but those that wants to use that mod.

Anyone could end up having a loggin, and as I said, the Council will grant points to those that we feel can help our Community.

Besides, Gabe pointed it out : there are usually little to no guests, especially not armed ones.