Mind Trick/Affect Mind Upgrade

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Mind Trick/Affect Mind Upgrade

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Just a thought here regarding Mind Trick and Affect Mind.

I know that in the singplayer version of jka, with Mind Trick lvl4, you are able to "take over" a npc's body for a short period of time. If that could be done in mp as well, it would be VERY cool. It could be abused, but could easily be prevented via the login-mod.

If it is not possible to give one player complete control over another player, perhaps only allow them to "speak for the player". A special chat channel could be used for this, or perhaps once the key is pressed to use the power, while that power is active, the same key is used for the mind chat. I.E. Wesley and I are in-game, and I use affect mind on him, and using the mind chat channel, say "Greetings Master", only on-screen is appears as if Wesley said it and not I.

Just some thoughts that would allow for an in-game version of "affect mind".
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I'm not too sure. Mind tricks only work on the weak minded, which is why they work on the grunts found in the single player game.

There isn't really such thing as a weak minded Jedi, so I can't really see it working.

Would be nice to be able to use it on NPC's though. Would be great for training sessions, like the ones that used to be done with Stormtroopers.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Yeah, could be used for training sessions. But I was also thinking it could be used for guests that visit the Temple that are rowdy. There could be a refusal ability that is automatic for players with a mind trick ability, or perhaps seeing, that is at least level one. So, if they do not have lvl1 mind trick and/or sense, they can be "mind tricked" if they do, however, they can't.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I'd go for the NPC control, but not PLayer. At worse, if it could work on players, it would simply 'dull' their senses (inverting movement keys, or simply 'unbinding' the attacks as exemples)