Suggestion - Master/Padawan bond

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Suggestion - Master/Padawan bond

Post by Dixo Xan »

It's well known that a master and his Padawan forms a bond through the force, how about an effect for this in the mod?

In the Star Wars Novel betrayal (Or something like that), it stands that Dooku can sense the presence of Yoda half a planet away even though they are enemies and haven't trained together in decades.

This should give an idea of how powerful a master/Padawan bond is, taking Dooku and Yoda might be a grand example but still.

Lets say the master can feel the location of his Padawan anywhere around him, even through walls and other obstacles.

It could work like sense does now, without it being a power you turn off/on. The Master will at all time see his Padawan, in the start of a Master/Padawan relationship perhaps the strength of this bond won't as strong so you start off with a bond thats equal in strength to sense 1.

As the master and Padawan progress the bond between them is strengthend and they can feel each other at greater distance.

In the start the Padawan won't be able to spot his master but through training a Padawan will be able to do so as well.

Instead of the yellowish colour you get from sense perhaps it could be green or something, just so you won't confuse it with Force Sense.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I like this idea, but I would make it on cue through Sense... for one main reason

Lag!

If you use Seeing while in duel, it may affect your pace and create lag.

Having it on at all times will surely provoque some lag.. while having a different color for your Master/Padawan might proove to be more effective.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Hmmm. Thats a shame. I was really hoping this could be a passive ability that are on at all times but if it creates lag then of course.
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Sadly I think this isn't such a great idea. Not because of lag, but because I think its basically a "catching your padawan messing around" trick. To find someone you can just use sense.
Dell Star
Lost One

Post by Dell Star »

this would come in handy if you needed to find your padawan or master..but how would the server realize which master is yours? or which padawan is yours...it sounds like a really good idea 'cept for the fact I dont think it can be done unless you change it so it realizes which master/padawan is yours and change the color of the "sense" on that specific player...also I think it would become annoying to hear that ense noise all the time ><
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Torrak Ulsi'vey wrote:"catching your padawan messing around"
No need to worry there, unless the Padawan is messing around, in which case, they need to be caught.

But yeah, I like the idea. It'd be nice to just be able to always be able to see your Padawan, without the extra effects or the sound. Perhaps just have a glow around them unless they're in the same room as you in plain vision.
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Well I'm just saying. Everyone likes there privacy and doesnt want constant surveillance on them.
Dell Star
Lost One

Post by Dell Star »

right I get what your saying torrak...no need for big brother to watch all the time...but I admit it would be cool but I doubt theres a way to get rid of the annoying sound or them glowing all the time...there might be...but I couldn't see how...
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

It implies modding the power itself.

From what Soh told me about Power-mods, two powers are registered by the Client : jump and sense.

Making those harder to modify without loosing the BaseJKa compatibility adds to the challenge.

Though, if we plan on doing this, with Soh's blessing, I'd suggest doing a different color in sense to see your Master/Padawan. This will remove the 'drawbacks' of the idea.

And Torrak, you must be messing around quite frequently if it was your first arguement against the idea? Anyhow, I understand your point, and with or without, we know when Padawans are messing around, and will end up being catched, sooner or later.
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Axem Keigoku wrote:And Torrak, you must be messing around quite frequently if it was your first arguement against the idea?

I don't know if your just kidding or if your just being an ass.

I'm sorry I look at this in a different view. I just don't see the point when you do have sense already.
Dell Star
Lost One

Post by Dell Star »

It wouldnt really come in handy unless you could see them through the ENTIRE academy...and how would you see them screwing around...all you would see is them jumping or sitting there...or whatever..it wouldnt really show them pressing all the buttons and taking on 3 test npcs...mostly it would be used for finding the padawan and telling him/her something I would think...
Syphix

Post by Syphix »

/tell <padawan> meet me upstairs in front of the elevator

not to hard eh?

Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

This is a suggestion to promote RP. Honestly, I don't think anyone will lift a finger if they see their Padawan 'playing' around. If it's something serious im sure the master will take appropiate action but I don't think you should worry about it elsewise.

It's just as a Knight or Jedi Master could sense if their Padawan had been involved in something serious, while they probably wouldn't do much if they sensed a Padawan just playing around like any other child would.

Besides, can you tell what someone is doing 300-400 meters away through sense? No. You just barely notice a yellow glow.

This is just an idea to promote RP and a way to further create a more solid bond between master and apprentice.

And Dell Star, I just came from the Temple and someone had left behind 3 npcs, that wasn't you was it ? :)
Dell Star
Lost One

Post by Dell Star »

no haha ask lynee and spera :P im sure if dooku and yoda could sense each other a planet away... you would be able to see at least a vauge image of the padawan 300 meters away...
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

i actually wanted to spawn more and more bots to crash the server but i had to go, iam sorry