Dark Side

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Dark Side

Post by Dixo Xan »

I've understood the 'Dark' powers will be available to lightside, with some modifications.

This is sort of vague so hang in with me please..

I think there should be some really awesome Dark Powers in the system.

Lightning that does 2x the usual damage, and that even rips through full force absorb.

Grip that is uncountereable for 5 seconds.

Rage that lasts for 5 minutes that makes the person faster, stronger and near unkillable.

A drain that affects everyone within a certain range, taking away 50hp from them, all of their Force as well as rooting them to a spot for 2-3 seconds.

You now ask why ?

I don't know. These powers would never be used by anyone, they should just be available. I just think it would be good to have powers like these available in the system, not for anyone to use but still there.

I think there should be a neutral and lightside part for this too, protect that remains with its current effect, only longer lasting (5 min perhaps) that doesnt take force.

It's probably gonna be turned down, doesnt make much sense other than for larger roleplay events but still.. Just something I came to think of all of the sudden.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Believe it or not, I *really* like this idea, as it is very possible and happened in the SW universe. Granted none of us will be using these "uber powers", but for possible Sith RP's, it could be quite possible.

So, althought it may not have everday use, like Master Xan said, it'd be great to just have avaliable when needed.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I agree.

If the mod is striving for realism, then adding this would add another platform. For Sith RP situations and whatnot, they would be usefull indeed.

They would also just add realism...knowing that the powers are forbidden, but still THERE.
Coren Ran

Post by Coren Ran »

Instead of making a new post Ill post it here.

As grip can actually be helpful in some situations (pulling people away from harm or whatnot) make a lightside version that (if possible) does 0 damage and lasts about as long as the standard grip.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I think that's already being planned actually, Coren :)
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Each powers will have a Charged Effect on Lv4 and 5 allowing such ideas.

For the Dark Side powers, it will be known as Dark Side usage of the Force and thus, be monitored (visually by witness).

As for Grip, there will be no Red-Hand, and no damage. But the Charged will bring back the Red hand and damages will be greater.

Stuff like that.

¨ Axem
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

A couple more suggestions to some cool powers..

Electrical judgement for Jedi Consulars.

Force Knock Down (AOE) - you knock down every enemy in your line of sight. A Nice skill for a Jedi Guardian to have. ((There is a cool animation that would fit for it, try using push on an npc or an item))

A special skill for Jedi Sentinels would be to disarm your enemy. A skill that pulls the weapon out of an enemy's hand. This could also be an AOE effect.
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Dixo Xan wrote:Force Knock Down (AOE) - you knock down every enemy in your line of sight. A Nice skill for a Jedi Guardian to have.

I think that power would be spammed and used incorrectly. With out a doubt.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I don't think so. Pull kick is a powerful ability that is available in game now.. I see no one spamming it. And I can imagine it would have to be a high level skill, only available to Jedi wise enough to use it accordingly.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Dixo Xan wrote:A special skill for Jedi Sentinels would be to disarm your enemy. A skill that pulls the weapon out of an enemy's hand. This could also be an AOE effect.
and easy to include: kyle does it all the time in the end of JKA... so the animation is already there and i think its easy to extract that part of the code
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Dixo Xan wrote:I don't think so. Pull kick is a powerful ability that is available in game now.. I see no one spamming it.

Yah, but not many people even know how to do it right. They will do one pull kick. Experts are able to do it over and over again till you eventually die.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

I don't think that's an issue, Torrak.

Skills that are as powerfull as the above, would be attainable only by Knights and Masters....and I believe those that have gone that far wouldn't be "spamming".

Alot of things in the mod can be misused, but I think it's down to trust and common sense...
Merk Quanto

Post by Merk Quanto »

well i have an idea about this maybe you could make levels for each power like its now but make a second grade power lever to it (master level)

so you can activate them and deactivate them.

put a second grade on them 4.5.6 etc.

this way the people that are using the mod (not only us)

can choose how powerfull the attack / skill will become eventually.

if you do this with almost every skill you could set the skills to whatever you want. this makes the mod even more atractive.

its only an idea :wink:
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Torrak Ulsi'Vey wrote:I think that power would be spammed and used incorrectly. With out a doubt.
It couldn't be spammed without access to it, which many won't have due to the login system. Only people who have Mastered the ability, which would most likely be Masters and Senior Knights, as Spera said.
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

Alot of things in the mod can be misused, but I think it's down to trust and common sense...

I agree. I like the idea of special skills depending on your type of character. Its very realalistic and great for rp in my opinion.

As far as misuse goes... I think that the benefits of doing this far outway the possible misuse.