Dark Side

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

From what we have already planned, each power will give a Charged version on reaching Lv4 and 5.

Charged will require one to 'meditate'/charge his Force connection ((which will be translated by filling a second time the Force mana pool)).

Using a charged will cost 200 Force Points, preventing spamming and by leaving you open, you'll have to think twice before doing it.

Some powers will indeed become more powerful, or give an extraordinary boost. Things never seen also, such as Charged Pull will remove the saber from the hands of a targeted enemie.

Here's the list of Charged powers :

Push : 360 degres push, does damage, and knocks people away.

Pull : Pull saber out of hand of target

Speed : Makes the caster semi-invisible(like third layer in speed), and invul for a few seconds

Sense : Allows the caster to deflect all laser bolts to attacker if in view.

Absorb : Force powers doesn't work on the caster for a period of time (like the Yasalamiri)

Heal : Heals to 100% +50Hp which drains over time

Protect : Force barrier that deals small damage to people within range

Mind Trick : Can do 2 attacks without breaking Camouflage

Grip : When charged, gives the Lv3 Grip from BaseJKa

Drain : here Drain will slow the target, instead of draining the Mana pool (Regular). But the Charged will have both effect : Slowing down the Target and draining 40FP. Mana will regen only after 30s

Lightning: Give lightning slap, A La Dooku. With extra damage.

Rage : Takes 45% of casterís health. No health drain, no recoil.

Saber Throw : straight throw 30% faster than regular throw and 15% more damageable

Team Heal: All teammates are healed by 30hp (team games only).

Team Energize: All teammates are healed by 30hp (team games only).
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:It couldn't be spammed without access to it, which many won't have due to the login system. Only people who have Mastered the ability, which would most likely be Masters and Senior Knights, as Spera said.
they can abuse that, too
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I am in awe, Soh&Axem. This mod is going to make everything SO much more realistic, it's unbelievable.

And Lynee, I don't know what you're talking about?
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

i'm saying that knights and masters can abuse that force knock down thing, too
Kuxim

Post by Kuxim »

I'm wondering if it would be possible to "charge" saber defense, and have it counter Force Lightning, a la Windu vs Sidious in EP 3. If its possible perhaps it can just cost Force "mana" and have a rather large recoil.

Just a thought.

Also, for all those people who think this as well as the whole mod is unfair to Apprentice level and below: Perhaps these new things can be used as incentive for reaching Jedi Knight and Master, the goal of "becoming a great Jedi [like my father]", as Luke said.

And as I've read in another "suggestion" thread, I highly agree with the statement that Knights and Masters have enough maturity and responsibility, as well as common sense, to not do anything to the point of spamming.

I would think that most if not all Jedi Knights and Masters started at some entry level position when they joined this clan, and they probably went through the same things you may feel currently, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I'm wondering if it would be possible to "charge" saber defense, and have it counter Force Lightning, a la Windu vs Sidious in EP 3.

It is already planned, upon Lv3-4-5. Level 5 could perhaps return the lightning like Windu did in Ep3, at the cost of mana, yes. But I'd have to check with Soh on this.
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

I believe someone already commented about this, but I think the realism this will add is astounding. I am very delighted with the ideas being presented here.

Keep up the good work.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

The saber-defense for Lightning would be AMAZING :)
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Lynee'alin wrote:i'm saying that knights and masters can abuse that force knock down thing, too

Thats what I mean. Its not like they are going to lame us or anythign with it. Just knowing they have the ability to do that whenever they would like during a spar. Its pretty cheap in my view, but I guess its fine.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Torrak wrote:Its pretty cheap in my view
It's realistic, to me. I'm pretty sure Jedi Masters have the ability to do a 360 degree push. Just be glad we're not going to pull off a Mace Windu-esque push as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series... :roll:
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:It's realistic, to me.

Yes, so real.
Maleena Nellik

Post by Maleena Nellik »

Torrak wrote:
Just knowing they have the ability to do that whenever they would like during a spar. Its pretty cheap in my view, but I guess its fine.

Since when we use Force powers in spars?

And also, I'm pretty sure those powers will not be used on students in friendly spars, but rather in a more complexe level of fights with same levels of fighters, like two Knights or Masters.
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Maleena Nellik wrote:Since when we use Force powers in spars?

And also, I'm pretty sure those powers will not be used on students in friendly spars, but rather in a more complexe level of fights with same levels of fighters, like two Knights or Masters.

No, but really. What is the point of this force power? Seriously. Your basically only going to abuse it on lamers really. Your not gonna all the sudden use it during a spar. That would be unessecary to use in a friendly spar.
Spera Elusido
Lost One

Post by Spera Elusido »

It's not a debate whether a Jedi Master could preform extraordinary force feats....it's not a question of fairness either. As stated...they are 'last-ditch' moves for RP situations (Or pre-agreed force spars) that would realistically be available to Jedi Masters.

Firstly, it won't be used in spars, so it's no problem for padawan/initiates that are worried spars will become one-sided. The only force I EVER use in a spar, is force-speed, and I ask permission beforehand.

Secondly...it won't be used to tame lamers. Lamers aren't given that satisfaction...they're simply slept, and either warned or kicked depending on attitude...

The powers will be used for things like RP events. I would LOVE some of these powers to spice up RP missions, or indeed RP's within the temple. They are going to be a benefit.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

And Spera hit the Bull's eye.

These High-end powers are ment for Missions, and RP events.

And since they cost double Force Mana, they'll have a certain drawback on them.

Again, this is not to boost the knights or Master, but simply to give a more realistic feel to it.

How come Yoda could move a Ship, how come he could actually push back an MTT, and colide two Trade Fed. Landing ships ((Clone Wars)); Simply because he was VERY powerful in the Force.

Then, how come we couldn't any of us, push everyone and everything 360 degres, etc.

Just that my point of view is that it is more realistic.

¨ Axem Keigoku