Force Regeneration

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Force Regeneration

Post by Dixo Xan »

This is an idea from swg. What if Force Regenerates really slowly, like one tick per. second?

While walking/running you regen 2 force point per. second.

While in a meditative stance you regen twice of your usual regen.

While in combat (switches on when you have your saber activated and when you run)

Of course this wouldn't be much fun with only 100 force points to your disposal.

So:

Hopeful/initiates - 150 force points

Padawans - 250 force points

Jedi Knights - 1000

Jedi Masters - 1500

Of course how big your force bar is depends on how well trained you are and what class you are. Padawans and Initiates can increase their force bar through training.

Perhaps Consulars could regen force twice as fast, and have one tick per. second in combat?

This is an idea ripped off from swg, I think it's pretty good, adds realism in the way that you can only fight for so long before you get tired and need to rest. It also gives meditate a real function ingame. Not to mention it will make you more causious about what powers you use beacuse they will drain your force bar if you spam it or choose ill.

The numbers I've used is just taken out of the air, it would have to be adjusted to whatever is appropiate. Im thinking a Knight should be able to fight pretty intensively for 10-15-20 minutes before he needs to rest. An initiate should be able to fight for maybe, 4-5 minutes before he needs to rest. I think the regen time should be something like 5-10 minutes to get a full force bar. How fast you regenerate should also be a matter of training as well as your class.
Phoe Nhix
Lost One

Post by Phoe Nhix »

I like the idea.
"Faith is not proven, it is tested. Believers do not need proofs but tests."

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I like the idea, but I know the younglings will hate having that low of a Force pool. Perhaps give the lower end a boost, as when someone becomes a Knight they won't instantly experience a huge gain in ability.

If this could somehow be incorporated as a "grows with experience" sort of thing, with the exp points, I think that would be the best way to represent it, but if not, perhaps have something a little more like this:
Force Pool wrote:Initiates = 250

Padawans = 500

Padawan Learners = 750

Knights = 1000

Masters = 1500

I like the idea of meditating to recuperate, though, it really does add some realism, and finally "meditating" will mean more than "AFK".
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

The numbers I wrote down is just examples so yeah, might be a bit low for initiates. However, Initiates and young padawans doesnt have many things to spend their force on, the only power they have that takes force is force jump.

And of course, the size of your force pool can be improved through training, so that when you become a Knight it should be a small gap from where you were to 1500.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The idea sounds interesting.

But there is a technical limitation on the amount of points in the Force pool. This value cannot exceed 8 bits in length, i.e. 2^8 = 256. And I don't want to extend it, because BaseJKA clients would crash when entering the server.

So I think the maximum (for Masters) would be 250. We could lower the amount of points needed to perform each power, so that you don't have to wait 5 minutes to regain your points after using only one or two powers.

Also know that currently in the mod, the higher is the character level, the faster is the regen time. Should this be kept with this new idea, or would it be replaced by something else? (like the Force pool size)
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I think the idea of the higher level you are the faster you regen should stay. And if you can make force powers cost less that's just as effective. But with only 250 in force pool force powers such as jump will be a real drain, perhaps no force cost to force jump?
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

No Force-cost to the charged Jumplevel 5 would be good
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

With 100 in Force pool, Jump is currently not so draining... so with reduced cost and increased Force pool, it shouldn't be a problem, I think.

And there won't be a charged Jump effect, Lynee.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

With no drain of Force Jump, I really like the idea!
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Whatever works best.

With your force pool being larger and draining slowly perhaps a force transfer skill should be possible? Like transfer 50 force points from you to an ally.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

To transfer Force points, you can use the "Team Energize" Force Power (enabled by the mod, just like Team heal). It gives 50 FP if only 1 person is in your range, 33 FP if there are 2 people, and 25 FP for more.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Wow, pretty cool.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Nice.
Quin-Akura

Post by Quin-Akura »

Sounds like a really good idea, even more so having meditation that actually effects your force regain. Good idea.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Re: Force Regeneration

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Dixo Xan wrote:This is an idea from swg. What if Force Regenerates really slowly, like one tick per. second?

While walking/running you regen 2 force point per. second.

While in a meditative stance you regen twice of your usual regen.

While in combat (switches on when you have your saber activated and when you run)
Going off of that a little, in SWG, if you were Jedi, Sith, or Teras Kasi Artist, then you could meditate to bring up your health, Force, mind (not necessary), and energy (not necessary) faster than usual, all together. Just a thought.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck