Some ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions here
korto

Some ideas

Post by korto »

Some new forces ideas :

Dark side :

-Force destruction : (I remember it from the first jedi knight ...it was my favourite dark side power .)

For those who don't know what it is : the player throws some sort of energy ball that explodes when it hits a target ; dammage aura is big and the dammage caused is huge.Takes alot of energy though .

-Mental something (^^) :

The player uses his enhanced seeing ( see the threat by Gabe Alkorda )

and when he sees the target through a wall(senses him) for example , hes able to cause him mental pain ( the fitting animation would be the one when howlers howl and where you hold your head ... remember the first sp map :) ) . It wouldnt cause very much dammage , but just to add an impression of power .

Light side:

-new sort of grip : (see threat by Halt Arratay)

-Energy passing : In lots of comic books or video games , I saw a jedi passing over his energy to another Jedi , the player would use the force and the power who he would lose , would gain the one on who the fpower is used on .I thought this could be usefull since the force regen will be very much slower (see threat by Dixo Xan)

For all this ... I'm just saying ^^

I saw so many very cool ideas about this mod ... I mean the only thing I'd regret would be the emotes from japlus :P ... is it possible to keep them ...and even add some more ?? I think they are quite usefull for rp .

Oh and by the way ... Ireally don't like this classes idea ... it has never been mentioned anywhere in the sw universe anyway... only in kotor1 and kotor2 ...and they are approximatively 4200 years before the times we role play . And the jedi evolued a lot since ... luke has brought an entire new generation of jedi with him , and the ways of the jedi are more complicated than just simple classes ... even during the clone wars there weren't such classes I think ... (correct me if I'm wrong please ! )

Anyway I'm sure it'll be great !

Kort'o Diath
Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

What do you think Yoda was doing with all the younglings and their lightsabers in Attack of the Clones after Obi Wan got back from Kamino?
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I think he means the classes of Guardian, Sentinel, and Consular.
Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

heh, i guess i didnt understand what he meant.
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Classes are actually official in many SW referals, such as Wizard of the Coast D20 SW RPG. Thus, we are basing ourselves on something supported by the Star Wars Roleplaying rules.

As for powers;

Force Destruction : I'm not too keen to add this one, as it is open for Killed by the Force, which is not something we'd like to have around JEDI.

Mental Strike : that could be seen as 'drain' modified. Drain will become a slowing, mentally poisoning the target. Thus, about the same thing. And to prevent abuse, having it go through wall isn't actually looked forward.

New sort of grip : already done, in a way. It won't allow user to pick up parts of the maps, or power ups to toss them at the other player. It will, though, allow to lift a target, just like Grip does, without damaging him.

Energy Passing : that is called Team Energies, which is a BaseJKa Team power. With the mod, both Team Heal and Energies are unlocked in all game type. There is one thing that remains to be done about it, apart from the charged effect, is to limit the effect to the target-in-crosshair.

Again, the classes are ment for one thing : diversity. I don't know anyone that has exactly the same talent at the same place. Take exemple of Maleena Nellik and Phoe Nhix. Both are great swordsman, but Maleena is better at evades, and Phoe better at gaining ground on his opponnent.

Atleast, with these classes, it will allow us some more realistic feel to it, as in, powers, feats and bonuses are gained more or less faster than regular, depending on class.

((and by the way, it is spelled Thread))

Hope you understand, and thank you for your interest within the mod.

¨ Axem Keigoku
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Good idea's. Some of them may not be technicaly possible but they will be considered I'm sure.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
korto

Post by korto »

wow well thank you for your fast replies , Yes I meant the consular , guardian sentinel (etc..) classes not teaching classes .

Those ideas were just some thoughts . And nearly every idea that would make this mod awesome was already said :)

(sorry about the thread spelling ... english isnt my native language and I keep making the same mistake, its surely not the last time I will make it on this forum ;) )
Basus Ororchi

Post by Basus Ororchi »

afaik (well, maybe I can be wrong) the three classes which were selected by the jedi on each level (jedi, jedi knight, jedi master; you could select again when passed to a new level): Jedi Consular, Jedi Sentinel, and Jedi guardian, were eliminated from the system a bit after the struggle with Darth Bane happened approx. in the 1000 BBY. those 1000 years later, the system only had two classes: Jedi battle knight (new name of Jedi Guardian), and jedi force knight (new name of jedi consular). Jedi Sentinel dissapeared, as the level "jedi."

EXAMPLE OF SYSTEM (Before Bane struggle):

After Padawan, the Jedi was the next level, and I selected the jedi guardian path (commonly selected when being Jedi, represented by blue blade). After Jedi, the next level was Jedi Knight, and I selected Jedi sentinel path (commonly selected when being Jedi knight, represented by yellow blade). After Jedi knight, the next level was Jedi Master, and I selected Jedi Guardian path again (commonly selected was Jedi Consular, represented by green blade, but I decided to repeat guardian one).

EXAMPLE OF SYSTEM (After Bane struggle):

After Padawan, the Padawan Learner was the next level, but I couldn¥t choose any path, blue blade was obligatory. After Padawan Learner, the Jedi knight was the next level, and I selected the Jedi force knight path (represented by green blade). After Jedi knight, the next level was Jedi Master, and I chose Jedi battle knight path (represented by blue blade).

The system used when first three movies happened was still the one after Bane. However, Luke Skywalker, when fifth movie ended, looked for more information about the Jedi order, and continued after the end of the empire. All information he could get was more about BEFORE Bane struggle, and just a little about the new one, so he created a new one that used both systems together as one. This one is really similar as the one used here. the three old classes were restored

EXAMPLE OF SYSTEM (Luke Skywalker):

After Padawan, the padawan learner was the next level, but I couldn¥t choose any path, blue blade was obligatory. After Padawan Learner, the Jedi was the next level, and I selected Jedi Consular path. After Jedi, Jedi knight was the next level, and I chose Jedi Sentinel path (the blade color of this one was now blue or green, yellow blade was too hard to find in Yavin IV). After Jedi knight, Jedi master was the next level, and I selected Jedi consular path.

I think this explains everything

"Things are like that!! Accept them!" -- Aros Jakari
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

What's your source for that?
Basus Ororchi

Post by Basus Ororchi »

BEFORE BANE STRUGGLE
(from comics, Yay!!)
AFTER BANE STRUGGLE
(I don't really remember, sorry there)
LUKE SKYWALKER
(Internet, main web page, restricted for Hyperspace)

Maybe there are more sources and I don't even remember them. All I said there I learned it, so I may have one or three things wrong, Heh.

"Things are like that!! Accept them!" -- Aros Jakari
Zorion Xuan

Post by Zorion Xuan »

Ok I found out this by reading "aledged" plots for an episode 7,8,9 and i found some unusal force moves which could be incorperated into the mod somehow these are for the darkside but I also learned that Anakin Solo, and Ben Skywalker used thes powers to fight off thugs in a local night club these are the powers:

Force avalanche, Force earthquake and Force fireball

They might seem kinda inpraticle but I'll wait and see what anyone has to say. Also if you are wondering where I go this info here are the links.

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/powerful_sith.html

"Meanwhile, Ben Skywalker and Paron Lighton arrive on Coruscant and meet up with Anakin Solo (the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia Organa Solo) to have drinks at a local night club. While in the night club, Ben, Paron and Anakin are attacked by several thugs. Paron says: “I have a bad feeling about this.” Anakin uses several Force fireballs to take out a couple of the thugs. At the same time, Ben unleashes a Force avalanche which causes a nearby wall to fall on several of the thugs. Paron ignites her light saber and takes out some of the thugs. In a few minutes, the three Jedi have prevailed over the thugs and decide to leave the night club"

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode8/plot.html

Thanks

-Zorion Xuan
Last edited by Zorion Xuan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

CT used Force destruction alot in game..

CT: Force Force destruction !! /amkick

Ahaha.. good memorys
Zorion Xuan

Post by Zorion Xuan »

Um I have no idea what your talking about and it doesn't help me for any remarks people to give me if it is a bad or good idea...
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Well, there a few reasons as to why we won't do those suggestions, Zorion:
  • 1- Adding powers is a complexe and pain-in-the-ass process
    2- The Avalanche power would need movable brushes and/or impact effect, which is not available in the game mechanics
    3- Adding powers may prevent the compatibility with BaseJka, thus making it ClientSide mod instead of ServerSide + Plugin
Zorion Xuan

Post by Zorion Xuan »

I know it was just a suggestion cause I thought it would kinda cool to add new powers that could be used by both sides of the force but yeah i know it would kinda hard and I understand I just thought it would be nice to have variety thats all but its up to you and I respect that.