Maybe some new sabers..?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rokran
Lost One

Maybe some new sabers..?

Post by Rokran »

I'm not sure if anyone has thought about this. But, I was thinking about all the different types of lightsabers that have been used in the Star Wars History. From the Normal Single Saber to the very odd Nunchuck Saber. So I was wondering, we have Single, Duel, and Two Handed Sabers. Well, would it be possibly to actually make a Whip Saber? I know that someone used it in the Star Wars universe at one point.

I know it would be hard to make. But I've seen people give a General Griveous the extra two sabers, and make them work. So, I think it could be done. Why not a Saber Club? Or a Saber Dagger?

Also, I just sorta thought about this, but.. does our server support the destruction of lightsabers? Like, could I break a two handed saber in two and make them use duels?

Anyway, just some thoughts. Thank you for reading.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

That would kind of take the point away from getting a lightsaber. It would be a bit wierd aswell...
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

What do you mean it would take away from the point of getting a saber?
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

To my knowledge, it is not possible to create a light whip. Lightdaggers and the likes have been made, but are impractical to use simply because they do not fit with the animations in JKA.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:To my knowledge, it is not possible to create a light whip. Lightdaggers and the likes have been made, but are impractical to use simply because they do not fit with the animations in JKA.
I agree with Knight Alkorda. Though what i meant by it would take the point from getting a lightsaber because, A lightsaber is meant to be a jedis prize possession. If he/she was able to get such things as a light whip or light dagger. It would take the meaning away from getting a lightsaber.
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

I see. Well, it was just an idea.
Leon "Deserter&quo

Post by Leon "Deserter&quo »

(It was not a 'light' whip it didn't have properties of a lightsaber. it was more of electrical energy i think. its in a book i read ^.^ )
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

((Leon...It's called a LightWhip and has very similar properties to a lightsaber. AKA. It goes through you, you die.))
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Zorion Xuan

Post by Zorion Xuan »

Saber dagger can be praticle cause all u have to do is shorten the blade and sort of a dagger hilt
Leon "Deserter&quo

Post by Leon "Deserter&quo »

it's not practical because the animations for the swinging would't work you wouldn't hit anything maybe if someone redid the animations so you did a stabing motion more it would work 8)

((forget what was here before i never noticed light whip in my starwars studys or hobies to bad))
Last edited by Leon "Deserter&quo on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zorion Xuan

Post by Zorion Xuan »

probally but it can still sort of have the swing animtions like your brandishing a knife you sort of swing it from side to side then u could add the way a dual saber stands and i don't know if they do his anymore but Iknow some Jedi used told there sabers backwards so that could be somehow incorperated into a dagger somehow
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

There called Shotos...Luke and Mara use them against Lightwhips.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

There is something we didn't know Knight Xa'o, You learn something knew every day.

(( Well i never knew that ))
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

I thought that if I brought up the lightwhip/dagger/club, it would be practicle that the person who made these things would have to make new animations.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

We will try not make new animations if possible and use only what's already in the game, for the main reason we want a server-side mod.

Server-side mod is much more easy to modify, as in you don't have to CREATE new code, and just toy with the existing one.

Plus, it prevents the incompatibility with the Mac/PC versions, and also, would allow those that do not have the patch to connect to the Server.

Adding Animations might turn the mod into a Client-Side, which will loose the advantages above mentioned.

¬ Axem