Templates and Classes

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Alkaiser
Lost One

Templates and Classes

Post by Alkaiser »

First, I have a thought about templates. With the added levels for abilities and new abilities, I assume the templates will be edited/expanded accordingly, correct?

Also, with the new option of more abilities, I'm curious about possible restrictions to Jedi Knights, as currently, they are allowed freedom to choose whatever they wish for their Force abilities.
Personally I would think that classification (guardian, sentinel, consular) would limit the options of a Jedi Knight or Master to specific areas. While one consular may be a healer, another may be an offensive Force-user. As it is described as "They're our healers, our researchers, our seers." Thusly, not all consulars may have the same abilities.
So I'm wondering if there will be XP caps for each member, up through Jedi Master.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

The class system uses the KOTOR/SW RPG base ground, as in each three class can eventually learn all powers to Level 5.

The differences between classes, apart from the 'when' they can learn a power, is also noted as Guardians have higher health, Consular has higher Force pool. Sentinels have a third (rounded) of both, making it balanced.

Also, the levels were pumped up to 25, instead of 20.

Each level allows a certain number of powers, as example :
  • Sentinel Level 4 :
    • Jump 1, Push 1, Pull 1, Speed 1, Sense 1, Absorb 2, Heal 1, Protect 1, Hold 1, Slow 1, Storm 1, Furry 1, Off 1, Def 2, Throw 1.
  • Consular Level 4 :
    • Jump 1, Push 2, Pull 2, Speed 1, Sense 2, Absorb 2, Heal 1, Protect 1, Mind trick 1, Hold 1, Slow 1, Storm 1, Furry 1, Meld 1, Off 1, Def 1.
  • Guardian Level 4 :
    • Jump 2, Push 1, Pull 1, Speed 1, Sense 1, Absorb 1, Heal 1, Protect 1, Hold 1, Slow 1, Storm 1, Furry 1,Heal Others 1, Off 2, Def 2, Throw 1.

Note : this is not a Force on Template. You will have to choose from those with the amount of XP you currently have.

Level 4 is known as the General 'Padawan Learner' level.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

So as a Consular, Can I have the highest Jump if I choose to? I need my jump!

^.^

Atleast I think I'm a Consular...uhhh...
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Xa'o, you are what I would call a Consular...

In the first 20 levels, you will be able to learn Jump 3, while after level 20, you will learn the other levels, up to 5.

¬ Axem
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

do we need to d/l anything for this?

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

hopefully not. It's planned to be a server-side thing.
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Actually, the Client Mod, even though it's not needed (technically), will be STRONGLY recommended, especially to choose your powers, as BaseJKA only supports 3 levels and there are 5 in the mod. The points have also been changed.. so yes you will have to download something.