Some Ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Morn Orent

Some Ideas

Post by Morn Orent »

Language
A Species code? Like when you type =Morn=:(Language type here)-Message.

That would be a nice one.

Movement of the lips
The Lips can move in JKA when you taunt, Why not make them move for when you type a message? That would be another great one to see.

Close eyes
How about an Option where you type /eyes or something of that nature and your Character Closes there eyes.

Thats all of my ideas, Thanks for listening
"All too easy.." -Morn Orent

Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

The language could simply be typed:
  • "=Alkaiser=::JEDI::: Shyriiwook:: You smell like a bantha's butt"
I already do various actions meant to be Nautolan speak, but since no one understands it, it would be unrealistic to translate.
For those players who are species which cannot speak basic (Wookiees and Rodians in particular) its presumed that they have some sort of translator on their person. As exampled by Cookanaka (previous JEDI member) and Lowbacca and M-TD (In the NJO era).

Movement of lips for speech has already been covered HERE.

And for the eyes, most human models have the eyes rigged to blink every so often. With the kit fisto model, since nautolans have no eyelids, Alk variously squints as if he's annoyed, which is fine with me. Which leads me to assume that most non-human models have something similar going on, but to be honest, alot of non-human models DON'T have eyelids.
And since blinking in its natural state is a compulsory action, why would you want to have a bind for it? Seems like blinking would become a hassle.
Last edited by Alkaiser on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

[For the lip-emote]

The language thing is genius.
But I think it will be a heck load of work to "pre-write" all the words of the languages. Word-translations would have to be written for many languages, they would have to be made-up, etc. So I'm not really sure how easy/difficult this feature is to implement. A must-have, in my opinion.

The idea for closing eyes is nice, too. I'm not sure but I think this will only work if your model has got that "emote" for eye-closing. However, a nice feature to have, especially for classes (where you are supposed to think/meditate and therefore maybe close your eyes).
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Lynee'alin wrote:However, a nice feature to have, especially for classes (where you are supposed to think/meditate and therefore maybe close your eyes).
For (near-)human heads with functioning eyelids, the meditation emote already makes their eyelids close about half to two-thirds of the way, as meditation should look.
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

Well then what about an option to go into console to type what language you would want to speak.

like a /language and it would give u a list of languages for diffrent speices. E.X.

/language Rodese

infront of everythign you type

is now ::Name::<Rodese>:Message here

but if you just type /language it would give something like this

Sheriwook<Wookiee>
Rodese<Rodian>

Just my Thoughts

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Alkaiser Aruladan wrote:[For (near-)human heads with functioning eyelids, the meditation emote already makes their eyelids close about half to two-thirds of the way, as meditation should look.
It would be nice to have that feature connected with other emotions, too. Amsit3 or amsit4, for example. For those characters who have eyelids, of course.

To Morn:
It would still be need to write up all the words for those different languages, if I got it right. An alternative option would be to program some kind of automatic "word-changer" which is changing every word in a similar pattern depending on what changing-option you choose. But this would again require a lot of work.
I think the way Alkaiser does it is the one which is both simple and "less-work-requiring" one.
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

It would still be need to write up all the words for those different languages, if I got it right. An alternative option would be to program some kind of automatic "word-changer" which is changing every word in a similar pattern depending on what changing-option you choose. But this would again require a lot of work.
I think the way Alkaiser does it is the one which is both simple and "less-work-requiring" one.
I'm Talking just the Tags, I dont want the Full languages. Thats way too much work.

Just the <Language> for people who dont want to type it over and over again, like a wookiee.

Just like a Caps lock, You want it on to type things in caps without having to use shift alot, this is basicly the same idea only with languages.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

About the languages: making a translation / word changer thing would be too much work, but simply putting a <language> in front of a message is too simple to be worth coding it... just type it in front of your message when you're not speaking the Basic.

For closing the eyes: it's as annoying to do as making the lips move, and again it won't work with some models... so I don't think I'm going to do that any time soon, sorry.
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

Well, What about this idea. Making the Mod for the new map with some of the mod hard wired in. Like Zones where only people in those zones can hear what the others were saying, that would be a add-on that would be much worth it.

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I think he means Vicinity Chat filter.
Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Post by Coren Ran »

Axem Keigoku wrote:I think he means Vicinity Chat filter.
Which basically means a physical representation of the current non-server wide chat/talking to people in the same room only idea?
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Yep
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

Ya, I was wondering could you guys work with that? It's to keep the illusion alive.. Lets say your teaching a class and all you see on the chat is someone elsewere being a moron. It would be nice to focus on people rather then the morons.

Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Considering that this mod will essentially eliminate all desire for "morons" to frequent the server, there would be no point in the filter, if it is possible to create.

Also, if these "morons" are making an annoyance of their presence then an admin, who was teaching a class would be able to know that, and admin accordingly.

Its up to honest and sincere players to play accordingly, if they are decent, they shouldn't need a filter.
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

New ideas

**New ideas**

Lightsaber Adjustment

Adjust your lightsaber to a Height. A reasonable Height..

Self Scale

I dont know if this was covered or not, but if it was sorry, but would be a good idea. Again, scale within reason..

Actions with emotes

This probbably was covered as well, again.. If it was sorry.. But would be a good idea. Lots of work though just to make the emotes work with the text that is typed.. Example: ::Yawn:: Your Player does a yawning Emote.
Last edited by Morn Orent on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.