Template Respawn

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Morn Orent

Template Respawn

Post by Morn Orent »

What about a feature that allows you to change the template and type something like /template and it changes the template so you dont have to kill your self/spec to get it changed.

Similar to /saber cmd

Could it be possible?
"All too easy.." -Morn Orent

Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

It would make it easier, but I think there could be abuse by it.
Someone could have it binded to have all their lightside powers, then do the command and get darkside powers or vice versa within the same fight.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

You could, also, ask an admin that is on, if they have the required level of admin, to make it where you don't have to respawn to change the template. There is an admin command that allows for this.
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Asphar
Lost One

Post by Asphar »

And, I guess that in the new mod, you'll only have the powers you learnt.. So no one really needs to change his/her template.
By Gabe Alkorda.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Aye, the powers are no longer going to be "light side" and "dark side" oriented, but rather what you have learned. Therefore those who are not trained as Jedi, or have it cleared with the council, will be equated to civilians (which is realistic, as a non-Jedi FS is often untrained in Force abilities). Those JKs and JMs who are mentor status will have the ability to give XP to developing characters.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Alk point it out right.

The mod will allow instant application of the template, but to have a template in the first place means needing an Account, which must be created by the Council.

Also, to have points to be placed on the template, players need XP, which can be given only by rank-ups (i.e. that means JK cannot give to JK, and JM cannot give to JM)

So this I guess answers the question.

¬ Axem
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

So if you're a guest, you'd have to ask the council for any force that you want?
If you allow that of course.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

All patrons of the JEDI server would probably have an account developed for them at some point. But considering its unrealistic to have vagrant Force-users marauding a Jedi temple, I don't see how that comes into play. Also, due to the fact that hopefuls are not trained in Force abilities, they wouldn't need their accounts if/when they are initiated.

What I would LIKE to see come with this mod is some RPers who are willing to give up a lightsaber and Force for a blaster and ship, sort-to-speak, and see some more civilian, non-FS types mingling with Jedi.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

Is that possible, like if i don't want to be a jedi, but like the JEDI, i could be like a janitor, or security guard, or just a civvie?
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Halt Arratay wrote:Is that possible, like if i don't want to be a jedi, but like the JEDI, i could be like a janitor, or security guard, or just a civvie?
It is more than encourage and we do hope the mod will allow some to use that to their advantage.

Force-Sensitives weren't the most common trait in the general galaxy... so... having non FS character in our community is something we indeed are looking forward

¬ Axem
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

I might do that... :)
Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Post by Coren Ran »

Halt Arratay wrote:I might do that... :)
I was thinking the same thing, atleast I'd do it at some point, being a butler or something
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |