Front Doors.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rokran
Lost One

Front Doors.

Post by Rokran »

Okay, after the cool mod has been released, one door in the entire temple has been "busted" and people have been playing with the spawn points. Which I think is cool. All guests spawn outside. So, can we please lock the front doors? Let only JEDI members open them? This would help with the hostile guests, as they atleast won't be able to lame anyone else. I'd volunter to be a Jedi Gatesman, and stand outside and let people come in or stay out. I don't think that the new spawn points (for guests) is really that much of a great improvement if they can just get in with a click of the enter key.
RP Age: 37
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

The placement of the spawnpoints wasn't an effort to keep guests out, it was to simply aid the RP, in that guests enter the Temple through the main door.

As far as your request goes, it is valid, but shouldn't be put in the mod suggestions board, it should be submitted to the HC.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

I thought we were supposed to be open to the public, a temple, not a fortress. It seems rather... unwelcoming to have the doors locked to anyone we don't know, its a put-off for those RPers who just show up. As well as the fact that a guest wouldn't be able to get in, if a JEDI member isn't in the server.

Isn't that portraying the inverse of what Jedi stand for?
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

Whens the last time you saw a civilian in the Jedi Temple? And this is only for people who aren't worth letting in the temple, because, they'll just lame. This is for the people who can't speak english, or that will just lame. People who aren't going to RP should stay out of the Temple. That would be the point of the locked doors.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Gabe was a total newbie when he first came to the JEDI server. Phoe knew about 1/20 of the English he does now... They both started out as ignorants, and now they are key components of JEDI.

I think to say we should bar out anyone who doesn't have a clue is wrong, they could be the next Gabe, or the next Phoe. Potential can be guided. Admins can weed out the half-wits, and I think they're doing a decent job of that.
I believe the issue of "unwelcomed guests" in the server is the fault of students, who don't know how to react to such situations. There's usually AT LEAST one admin online, just check MSN or xfire, who can deal with the situation. Its the main reason we're given admin, so that we can do our part of maintaining the server, I know I'm willing (when able) to administrate the server.

I think locking the doors is a quasi-password for the server. It maintains the appearance of being an open server, yet you can't play at all.

Besides this still is an issue:
As well as the fact that a guest wouldn't be able to get in, if a JEDI member isn't in the server.
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

That's not always true there. There isn't ALWAYS atleast one admin. I've been in the server with some other people that have all the admins on their x-fire and msn lists, and several times there were no admins on. So don't give me that.

Like I said earlier, I would be happy to stand outside the doors when I could to pervent unwelcomed guests in. Or, if someone does something wrong, that can be their punishment, instead of being locked in a cell. It's up to you.

And as for the whole "civilian in the Temple" ordeal. I was talking about the movies. Who was the last civilian you saw, let me clearify this, in the movies, that you saw in the Temple? I've watched the movies. Several times. And I don't ever remember reporters/soldiers/civilians, or whatever, in the Temple.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

And as for the whole "civilian in the Temple" ordeal. I was talking about the movies. Who was the last civilian you saw, let me clearify this, in the movies, that you saw in the Temple? I've watched the movies. Several times. And I don't ever remember reporters/soldiers/civilians, or whatever, in the Temple.
Right. But we're currently in a fat house on Bespin... Gabe set up rooms which require padawan rank or higher to open. Use them, and if you can't make it there, pause the RP and go to spectator. If they are just a noob, take the time to explain the deal and send them to the website and if they get too disruptive just ignoor them. Lamers get bored and leave if they are unstimulated.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Tinthros Vos
Lost One

Post by Tinthros Vos »

...Or you could just make a button that locks the door, or somehow make it that they always respawn in a jail cell. I know i'm not a member or anything, just throwing in my 2 cents worth.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Look, even if lamers come into the Temple, you can basically whoop their... selves with a few swings of the saber, flipkicks, et cetera. If you don't have a full-frequency saber or Jump 2, it's not like they could hurt you with the guest vibroblade, anyway. They're bound to run into someone with the capable offensive abilities to quell their laming fury. But, if there is indeed an Admin online somewhere, I suggest contacting them before completely destroying the lamers... as I have mercilessly done in the past. :P

As for locking the Temple, I think it would be, as Alkaiser said, a quasi-password server. Also, even if you never saw a civilian in the movies, doesn't mean they were never there. Plus, this is more than 200 years after the movies, so we could presume that Jedi "these" days are more open to the public.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The Temple doors will stay open.

You have nothing to fear of guests, as of now they only have their fists (no vibro anymore). At worse, make use of the Security Doors (the whole floor of the Council chamber and Classroom is protected, the elevator too, the pool, the study...)

Jamus, attacking lamers back is NOT the way to go.

Rokran, this was the wrong place to post this, it's not a suggestion for the mod itself.