Sense sound

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Sense sound

Post by Syrena Exan »

Just a thought, but would it be possible to make it so other people can't hear you using Sense? In real life no one would ever hear you "thinking and seeing".

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Since Force-sensitives are heavily linked to the Force and (in our case) Jedi of our Order linked heavily to eachother, I think it is realistic for Jedi (or us) to have some kind of tickle or feeling when someone is focussing to us more intensely, and eventually "know" that someone is right now focussing or sensing us.
The Sense sound displays and indicates this in a pretty logic way.

Then again, I'd say that non-Force-sensitive guests, Hopefuls, Initiates and fresh Padawans would have hard times to feel or even consciously know that someone is focussing on them.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

Not true, sometimes people "feel" someone watching them. And whenever someone looks at me while I'm sleeping i wake up.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Lynee is more correct in this situation.

The fact of the actual RP of it is that Jedi are able to sense changes in the Force, begininng with just their small vicinity, and moving further outward as their abilities grow. Padawan Learners can sense Initiates "sensing" them. An Initiate, however, cannot know when a Jedi Master is sensing them, for example.

As far as the game physics go, the actual sound itself is clientside, as it's just a wav file. To make the ability not call the sound though, would be a coding change, though still clientside (I believe).

As far as what's possible to change and what-not, I'm clueless. That's a question for Master Raun.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:To make the ability not call the sound though, would be a coding change, though still clientside (I believe).
Nope, even if the actual sound plays client-side, it is initiated server-side :D
Gabe Alkorda wrote:As far as what's possible to change and what-not, I'm clueless. That's a question for Master Raun.
I don't want to change the current behavior of Sense (sound playing for everyone). As Lynee stated, it has a RP use and it's not worth making exceptions for low ranks / guests for such a small detail.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Well, Drain for example. Should little buggers be able to see when you drain them?
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.