Full Force spars

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Full Force spars

Post by Ergo Stomi »

In JA+ they have regular saber duels and then Full force duels also, since there is the occasional full force spar it would be nice to have something similar like the saber spar but for Force also so we couldn't be interrupted by outside people or effect them with the Force.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

personnaly, I dislike the Duel function...

The point of having the fake death is to avoid having to use such unrealistic means to an end.

Spars shouldn't actually be much different than we used to do in JA+.

¬ Axem
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Back when duel engage was enabled, you could set up a duel and use the Force while in duel mode. Dunno why it was disabled, considering the only issue was that the "duel glow" was still enabled.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

In case I miss understand you, correct me...

The reasons as to why Duels were removed in the first place were
  • 1. It was forcing 'to-death' matches, which we do not support at JEDI
    2. Makes you unable to interact with the environment in the case there is an issue you must take part in
    3. It is unreal to have suddenly an aura around you, and everyone going Gray-shaded for the time of a duel...
The new mod resolves the first reason, but the last two remains.

I personally will not use either the saber duel or Force duel with the new mod.

¬ Axem Keigoku
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I also don't like being unable to leave the duel if needed. And having force powers during would be great.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Make two sorts of duels. No Force, Full Force.

Make a command to end duels.

/rpenduel

OR

When you go under 50hp, duel ends. That idea.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Currently the duels end at 30hp which is fine, and the feature allows Guests who are desperate to duel each other to do so out of the way...

I sometimes use this feature and what Xa'o suggested in terms of there being an override command like /rpendduel is a pretty good suggestion.

However, nothing beats the realism of just Sparring, talk about whether its a full force one or not, you won't die either way, you will just fall over. It was a valid suggestion, but personally, It's a step back to the old Game Mechanics which we are trying to evolve from.

Also brings me to another issue, which is RP sparring. But that's a whole other can of worms...
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Also brings me to another issue, which is RP sparring. But that's a whole other can of worms...
PLease elaborate, I am sure others are interested in such matters.

¬Axem
Raz Rear

Post by Raz Rear »

Jared wrote:...and the feature allows Guests who are desperate to duel each other to do so out of the way...
No it won't, because no swords = no duels.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

PLease elaborate, I am sure others are interested in such matters.
RP Sparring, when it works, looks ace... It takes the notion of self preservation a step further. Basically, it takes out some of the superhuman elements of the game mechanics. Those of us that know how to PWN in FFA matches can pretty much dessemate opponents in a matter of seconds, but the sheer speed of these spars seems a little unrealistic, and isnt quite as fullfilling as spars where every blow or swing seems to be measured.
I personally became more of a RP spar-er from Phoe and Soh's saber instruction. I was taught to self preserve, to only strike when I KNEW I would make contact with an opponent etc...

It's Kinda hard to describe it properly, but its simply a matter of Keeping in Character when you spar. So obviously Knights and Masters are able to draw on the force for strenght, where an initiate may tire during a prolonged spar... Just a thought, and those I enjoy sparring with on a regular basis know about it, but those new members that have yet to experience one, come ask me about it In game, and Ill show you.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I must admit RP sparring is a very fun and realistic experience in sparring, and all should learn how to do it. Although, I often love the occasional duel when two people just destroy each other, hehe.

As for the FF spar idea, I'm all for it.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I see what you mean...

I have tried a mod that forced Saber blocks and reduced all the stances' speed.

Added to the 'IC' sparring, try hitting the blades instead of the player would make also good looking...

Thus, for a true RP sparing
  • Fatigue system that replaces the Health
    • Turns on when you draw your weapon. When it is depleted, you kneel/FakeDeath
  • Slower stances
  • 1-hit-kills
  • Manual block and Parry
  • Raised auto-detection and blocking
  • Raised Locking factor
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

What about for missions? Fighting a Dark Jedi, then you suddenly kneel down?
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I'd assume, like every other feature of the mod, it'd be able to be turned on/off by a cvar.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

3. It is unreal to have suddenly an aura around you, and everyone going Gray-shaded for the time of a duel...
I am pretty sure this can be disabled...

As for the rest mentioned, I definitely agree that the JA+ like combat system definitely be improved upon over time, and I agree with the idea of full Force duels.